who is Glen Hall

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
From Roosters website:

Glenn Hall
AKA Hally
DOB Mar 21, 1981
Born in Sydney
Position Prop
Height 185cm
Weight 101kg

I thought he played a couple of first grade games for them last year. If he's half as good as the last prop we got of them I'd have him in a second.

Original nickname, they certainly are a creative lot these NRL footballers.

The rorters bought him from souths last year. he hasnt set the world on fire at his last 2 clubs and is rated ordinary.

Probably signed to replace either Curtis or Deadwood in PL.

Made his debut at the bulldogs and was rated as really promising (bit of a O'Meley lookalike)

Signed by souths, with the doggies gutted to see him go, there were big expectations, but he fell way short of the mark, being a benchie/reserve grader

then moved to the Roosters and has continued the same path

All in all his career closely mirrors Rose

From memory, he looked pretty small for a prop. In a good team, he might make a bench type prop at most going by his past potential.

perhaps the culture at Souths and the Roosters led to him being on the bench in PL.

After the Rose signing I rate Crushers ability to sign fringe players who just need a bit of a leg up to hit their straps. Rose has been outstanding in this regard and I have a feeling we will see similar things next year from a few other fringers

I asked a few blokes from the Newtown Jets forum on LU and this is really the only answer i got:

He played for Souths prior to coming to the Roosters I think, and played some first grade for them. Played some first grade for the Roosters this year as well towards the start of the season. Not sure where he came from before then.

Has some barnstorming runs and plenty of ticker. Good to watch when he is on fire. Always gets involved in the game and does his part in the engine room section of the side.

I remember when we played the Raiders in Canberra and they were coming back at us. Raiders were utilising some skill and something they obviously practice at home ( and still utilise away ), THE HIGH BOMB with runners coming from the wings on the 6th table. They were attacking with heaps of aggression in front of their home crowd that were packing in for the NRL match, and giving them lot's of vocal support, as they drew back even with several try's from the high ball in a row. Combined with a fair chunk of luck that Jets dropped the ball several times in afl " Mark " fashion, giving them several trys.

Then a field goal battle ensued with some close misses by each side.
With only a minute or so left on the clock HALLY charges down the centre of the field knocking Canberra players over like ten pins, and makes the halfway line by running over the opposition, finally being brought down in a tackle requiring several Raiders to effect near the halfway line.

He gave us excellent field position and some hope as well, which lead to a charge after the hooter at their line that almost resulted in a try. The Canberra fans were really vocal and on the edge of their seats as the Jets made the last charge , and were really treated to a nailbiter lead up to their NRL game. They were as involved in the game as I have rarely seen at many away grounds, prior to the main one.

Remember the ground announer saying " Put your hands together, you have just seen a great game of Rugby league and they did "

The final score was 26 all.

Was impressed with the whole side at times that day.

Anyway I reckon HALLY goes alright mate.

[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
Glen Hall.........hmmm name rings a bell...............yep hes a bushranger

Thats ben hall
[/quote]

Glen & Ben were brothers. They were all in it together, including the long lost 3rd brother Ken.

Except for the other black sheep brother Sven. He remained nuetral during the whole affair.

And we just dont talk about the 5th brother Len.

[quote author=The Wheel]
[quote author=Jatz Crackers]
Glen Hall.........hmmm name rings a bell...............yep hes a bushranger

Thats ben hall
[/quote]

Glen & Ben were brothers. They were all in it together, including the long lost 3rd brother Ken.

Except for the other black sheep brother Sven. He remained nuetral during the whole affair.

And we just dont talk about the 5th brother Len.

[/quote]
Or the 6th brother Dexter, allways popular at Christmas

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6