Who is in charge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

jbb/james

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Of the production line of talent entering the system, the grass roots, the future players. Whoever it is , is ****house and josh reynolds would love to thank you personally

The salary cap really bites some clubs hard , and some clubs can take a decade to recover from some speculative recruitment. But speculative is a need in the NRL, as the current system does not provide enough quality footy players to Meet demand. Its that simple. not even close

When josh morris gets 800 k a season due to the lack of halves, and lets be honest he is probably a small lock at best, it sends a clear message that the nrl future is in trouble. With more quality footy players that have time to succeed, without the restraints of a second tier cap, and all the other roadblocks that confront most clubs , recruitment would be easier, cheaper , with clubs carrying stronger larger squads , and as a result a better product. We need a second tier that has qualty players everywhere , some old , some not and it needs a cap of about 3 mill i reckon if the game is to really grow or about 50 % of the cap in firsts

We constanly let our depth leave this country for the superleague

This parthership with fellow stake holders crap is important but so is producing a product that is entertaining. Ahhh remeber when we watched entertainment and not a product.The future looks way to boring, predictable and full of hit ups and kicks to interest many. Less and less with constant specualtion about match fixing

Its easy to continually blame cash for the problem , but rugby league has a talent problem from 1 - 7 in particular 1 not so much , and unless the people in the corporate boxes and backslappers start to invest heavily in a new structure thats good for the game and not necessarily just the networks, and the production line of talent in bolstered in a big way NRL will fizz out in 10 years. Players are rarely ready for grade when they debut but that isnt the clubs fault that is the leagues. The structure does not give players the opportunity to get ready. We will always have genetic freaks who were just born to play but most need a few shots at least to be prepared

But i expect the NRL will continue to bastardise the game rather than invest in the product itself. If the NRL doesnt wake up to itself soon it will be owned by a network , it will be turned into a reality show and we get to vote for a scoreline or player interchange on some phone line at 6 bucks a minute. All for the chance to feature in the cam smith all stars game at seasons end

The cap, the prudution line, the grass roots, the reserve grade, interchange systems, its all **** with just a dressed up first grade trying to disguise the cracks .

The NRL have just about killed football in the country areas.

The clubs are plundering every young guy with any talent. Some towns are losing up to 6 and 8 kids a year, the best kids, of which 1 or maybe 2 makes it to first grade.

The others, that dont make it, hardly ever return, they are either injured or quit the game. So not only are they lost but there mates no longerwant to play without the good players they have grown up with.

I would like to know how many teams/towns have folded in the last 10 years. And i bet that number doubles in the next 10 years.

The talent pool is being depleted, the game is dying and the NRL cant see it.

The NRL have just about killed football in the country areas.

The clubs are plundering every young guy with any talent. Some towns are losing up to 6 and 8 kids a year, the best kids, of which 1 or maybe 2 makes it to first grade.

The others, that dont make it, hardly ever return, they are either injured or quit the game. So not only are they lost but there mates no longerwant to play without the good players they have grown up with.

I would like to know how many teams/towns have folded in the last 10 years. And i bet that number doubles in the next 10 years.

The talent pool is being depleted, the game is dying and the NRL cant see it.
The dogs getting away with banning players from the city country game is a micro shot of how city and club centered the game has become.
Anything outside of that doesn't matter and the NRL is p*ssweak.

There is no way JMoz is $800K.

Jmoz is on one of des' backended contracts so $800k this eyar cou
There is no way JMoz is $800K.
This is from the one guy on the kennel who knows what is happening at the dogs

People do not realise that there are some heavily back ended contracts.

Graham 950k next year
Brett Morris 900k next year
Mbye on 700 next year than 800k and $1.1 in 2020

No word on JMoz but surely also on a backended contract as well so $800k may not be far off the mark
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/isaac-moses.105711/page-2#post-3138754

Graham 950k next year

No word on JMoz but surely also on a backended contract as well so $800k may not be far off the mark
https://www.thekennel.net.au/forum/index.php?threads/isaac-moses.105711/page-2#post-3138754
*cough,splutter,cough*
Mbye gets 1.1 MIL in 2020! That's crazy talk right there!

Graham 950k next year

Wow.

I see zerotackle (not that i believe it for one moment) has

BMoz (+JMoz) $550k
Graham $700K

Cheers

The NRL have lost control and all credibility. I cannot believe that a coach has the ability without sanction to make his players unavailable for representative matches. Stuart's reference to City Country as an exhibition match is very disappointing. it should be a trial match for selection to NSW State of Origin but we all know that it is not. Players who are selected to play and don't unless injured should not be permitted to play for their club in the following match.

A proper and strong reserve grade would fix a lot of these problems.
But the NRL says it would be too expensive to implement.
Just another example of how short sighted the NRL Administration can be

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8