Who misses out, because Peta is beta

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Beaver boy

Reserve Grader
Well Hiku has to be in the 17.... That is a given. He was outstanding at 6 today in the Kiwi test win.

The question is where does he go ?

I would give him a start at 5/8. His short kicking game(short in goals too) was spot on and he was dangerous with his running game near the line.

Its an option Barrett now has. And it would allow Killer to remain in the centres where he wants to be and it would allow Tommy to come in onto the wing.

Hiku at 6 simple he sounds like he is keen to nail down the 5/8 position which is good that is taking this opportunity seriously he will move into the centres in 2017 when Lyon retires so moving him to 5/8 well develop some additional skills he can bring to the centre position. Was his defence good! His defence is usually solid when he plays centre, so if he defended well, has a kicking game, already know he can ball play I would play him at 5/8.

You would imagine Peta would have played Rugby growing up . I'm making an assumption there that every Kiwi boy wants to play for the All Blacks.He would have learnt how to kick in Rugby .
It sounds like Barrett wants a running 5/8 more than anything . Not to mention a strong defender.
Peta is perfect or at least deserves 1st crack . I'm sure he will enjoy the chance to finally nail down a 1st grade position . Barrett as a former 5/8 will nurture him .
Kieran who ? .

The thing I like is he doesn't mind taking the line on.
His passing game may need some work though. But that's what coaches are for.
We could do worse.

I can't wait to play the Worms next year.

Worst case scenario from Peta playing 5/8 for the Kiwi's is he will gain valuable experience in a playmaking role at international level.

While I don't think he is a natural playmaker he is improving in this area and his link play is getting better. Just in 3 games so far he is looking more comfortable and confident than the first game against Leeds. His kicking is improving especially his short kicks and his running game is obviously his strength while defensively he holds his own. Peta and Nikorima seemed to have a better chemistry in the Halves for the Kiwi's as well which helped.

The bonus for Manly is it offers another option at 5/8 for the upcoming season. Also even if he isn't the first choice No. 6 he is a back up option if injury hits. Most of all though no matter where he plays he is upgrading and developing more skills and further improving his versatility.

With Isaac John and Hiku, we have two New Zealand 5/8s to replace one NZ 5/8…

You seen the Parra interview with Foran? LOL, not sure but it looks as though he's put lemon juice in his hair, and I'm sure he speaks more western suburbs than he did when here !

Really embracing his environment. You can take the boy out of The Central Coast, but at the end of the day, you can't take the Central Coast out of the boy.

He'll be calling Manly players Flaming Mongrels next like Alf.

Hiku is the man for the 6. Wing doesn't suit his game. I think we will really see more of Hiku's talents at pivot.

But give him time Folks. Don't jump on his back as soon as he has one ordinary game. We all learn more from our failings then we do our successes. They will happen.

There were calls for Milfords head even after he spent 6 months learning 6.

The confidence Peta will bring back having playing test level 5/8 and not being completely out of place is brilliant for his development.

And we have in waiting another kiwi half. We look n good. Real good.

Are fox replaying the game today?

Hiku is the man for the 6. Wing doesn't suit his game. I think we will really see more of Hiku's talents at pivot.

But give him time Folks. Don't jump on his back as soon as he has one ordinary game. We all learn more from our failings then we do our successes. They will happen.

There were calls for Milfords head even after he spent 6 months learning 6.

The confidence Peta will bring back having playing test level 5/8 and not being completely out of place is brilliant for his development.

And we have in waiting another kiwi half. We look n good. Real good.

Are fox replaying the game today?

If Barrett can have Hiku playing like Barrett used to (running 5/8): I'd be pretty pleased.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8