Who needs a three-year plan?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Parra had won. The 'Riff have a five year plan.
Easts came 13th last season and have shown a club needs only one year to go from losers to winners.
I don't like Easts but their transformation has been remarkable.

Let's not forget Manly maintaining a 9 year Finals Contender run.

Now, that is succession planning :angel:

Tonight's game had Hiku, Horo, BJ, Foz, DCE, Jorge all excel.

Having a three, four or five year plan is handy for coaches whose teams play crap.
I predict next year will be the start of the Raiders thirty year plan.

Volley said:
Sonny Bill will be gone next year, and they'll be just another side.

What an insult to 16 players and a coaching staff!
SBW made $5m to the Roosters.

Did the others only turn up for S-B's efforts?

lismore_fan said:
Volley said:
Sonny Bill will be gone next year, and they'll be just another side.

What an insult to 16 players and a coaching staff!
SBW made $5m to the Roosters.

Did the others only turn up for S-B's efforts?

You'd think so by watching Channel 9.

It sure was a "SBW LOve Fest"

Yes he'll be an All Black next year and the Rorters will come back to the pack a bit

I would not poke fun at the struggling teams, in a few years our great team is going to go though a rebuilding stage and we may very well have a 5 year plan aswell.

Des had one. It was well documented. And when we made the 07 GF they said it was a year too soon....and we all know what happened in 08!

HappilyManly said:
Let's not forget Manly maintaining a 9 year Finals Contender run.

Now, that is succession planning :angel:

Tonight's game had Hiku, Horo, BJ, Foz, DCE, Jorge all excel.

Disagree that DCE and Foz excelled. Two international halves in the team and manly couldn't even score a single try? They proved last night why Brett Stewart is the most important player in the club. The pair of them should have owned that game but they didn't. Manly may get past the sharks without Snake but they won't get anywhere near Souths. If Snake plays the remaining games Manly can, and will, still win the premiership.

Roosters had two State of Origin halves and the best player in the world EVER, and they only scored a lucky try from a flukey kick.

Foran was left posted on numerous ocassions last night, no one running holes or lines for him made him look ineffectual. RHS made inroads but we couldn't capitalise. If that ball from Gift to Lyon doesn't get knocked down we score and win that game. Snake would have been handy, but don't know that he would have made a significant difference.

I thought our halves would win it for us but it was Maloney who made the winning play with his kick. Our 2 might be a bit disappointed and will be out to make amends next week.

We won every statistic, including making 600 or so more metres, and the only three linebreaks of the match.
Manly was the better side, but our attack was not fluent. Easts probably defended as well as any team in history.

Chip and Chase said:
Roosters had two State of Origin halves and the best player in the world EVER, and they only scored a lucky try from a flukey kick.

Foran was left posted on numerous ocassions last night, no one running holes or lines for him made him look ineffectual. RHS made inroads but we couldn't capitalise. If that ball from Gift to Lyon doesn't get knocked down we score and win that game. Snake would have been handy, but don't know that he would have made a significant difference.

It is the percentage return on the amount of sets in each others redzones that is the worrying part. With the same amount of field position i'm sure the Roosters would have put on at least one try.

We did more than enough to win, we should have won but once again we didn't. Everyone is to blame in attack not just the halves, more the overall structure and bad habits.

I hate when coaches say "we did not execute" my biggest pet hate and drives me crazy. Most plays are executed just not either structured correctly or the lead up work prior has not left a conducive environment for the play to execute well.

Good pro active defence will make it harder to execute also.

Technical Coach said:
Chip and Chase said:

It is the percentage return on the amount of sets in each others redzones that is the worrying part. With the same amount of field position i'm sure the Roosters would have put on at least one try.

We did more than enough to win, we should have won but once again we didn't. Everyone is to blame in attack not just the halves, more the overall structure and bad habits.

I hate when coaches say "we did not execute" my biggest pet hate and drives me crazy. Most plays are executed just not either structured correctly or the lead up work prior has not left a conducive environment for the play to execute well.

Good pro active defence will make it harder to execute also.

TC,

in your eyes what's the blueprint on dismantling the chooks wall like defence? In some instances after a few line breaks last night I think our support play was off. (snake not being there a coincidence?)

Wish we had more power play explosive size options for starters which we don't really have.

Have a few ideas but will go over the footage again in more detail and offer my services for a fee lol.

It's a tough road now especially when the attack has struggled big time to break well structured defences all year and the past few years. Improvements have been made in attack but more needs to be done and more explosive strength required in recruitment.

Lets not get too comfortable with the line breaks stats, this style of line breaks are not really all that productive in generating a lot of tries. There is always sliding cover in these instances and coaches are not so much worried about the line break but the soft attacking yardage our edge plays offer us and the plays after that tackle being on the back foot.

The Who said:
Parra had won. The 'Riff have a five year plan.
Easts came 13th last season and have shown a club needs only one year to go from losers to winners.
I don't like Easts but their transformation has been remarkable.

G'day Who,
All clubs need 5-10 year plans. NSW Dept Sport and Rec usually has this as part of business planning and future directions.

However, in the past two seasons, if I was an Eels or Roosters supporter or broker or paid up financial member of their club's.
I would have been asking questions and throwing bricks over their performance because the $$$'s they spent on players was not showing 2 bobs worth on the paddock or the NRL Ladder.

Course teams need plans spread over a few years, especially during rebuilding phases. Needed for many reasons and if planned and executed right wins teams the big one. See 2008 as an example. Think it was Ryan saying Crusher indicated 2011 happened a year or two too early. So is 2013, 14 or 15 the next for us?

Heard once China has a 200 year plan :S

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8