who replaces dce?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kalvin

Bencher
Just wondering what everyone's thoughts are if/when dce is absent in 2016 (injured or soo)?

I think we will really struggle in the halves with options (I'm assuming) will be either;
- walker/john
- walker/moltzen

Also if walker happens to make origin then what?

- lyon/john
- lyon/moltzen
- koraisau/moltzen/john

Seems like there will be a very inexperienced combo at some stage this season that may struggle through the origin period in particular. . I mean its one thing to have a stop gap 5/8 but i question if we have a genuine backup half back who can organise/kick..Hope I'm proved wrong but I guess it's the price you pay fora million dollar hb!

Last edited:
The draw dictates that we only play one round game without our rep star(s) so that works in our favour. Pair that with the fact that we are next to no chance of winning a competition without DCE anyway, and you can see why depth is not going to be an issue. Arguably no club can win a competition without their star playmaker on the field for the bulk of the year so who you bring in as a replacement is really just about minimising damage.

Yes we'd struggle if we lose DCE for any length of time. Moltzen would probably be in the mix if he shows some form given that he has some experience. Otherwise we'll be looking to blood one of the young guys, pretty much how DCE got his start.

Remains to seen how Walker goes at 6 first before we worry about losing him to origin. Hopefully he does tear it up and gets picked, I'll gladly lose him for a couple of games if it means we find a quality 5/8 for the future.

Lyon, Walker, John, Moltzen, Korisau, Hynes.
They're not bad depth compared some teams.
I hope the Walker move works out like Killer's did. We sign an international centre to play six and takes us to two grand finals and one of them breaks our own Grand Final Margin win!

A number of people on this forum have been praising young Hynes as a future first grader. I have seen little of him so have no opinion but seems he is well thought of.

Won't be Moltzen, as predicted earlier he'll be ripping it up at 5/8....maybe Walker?

I think the answer to this is to do what the great NFL teams do with quarterbacks. You implement a system where if you take out the awesome QB and replace him with his backup who is ****, you scale back the system to a lower skill level but have the other starters step up and carry some of the burden (in the NFL this could mean you demand more out of the O line to give the new QB more time, so maybe we ask our forwards to give even more so that our new half has more room and a a fraction of a second longer to set up plays, etc).

You are never going to have someone come in and just do what he does so you need a system in place that can be adjusted to cover the loss of a particular skill anywhere across the park by turning it up in other areas.

For me everything will begin and end with our forwards so if they play well and get a roll on, then the speed of our spine should destroy teams. So for mine the bigger issue is not really an injury to DCE but a couple of injuries to key guys in our pack.

Who did you find were the standouts? For mine it was Knight Trbojevic, Cox and Garner.
Ramien and Bainbridge were both very good for younger kids cox missed a couple of tackles cost us a try with the first one going the wrong way to let the hooker in. But knight tom and garner all good and pearsell

Won't be Moltzen, as predicted earlier he'll be ripping it up at 5/8....maybe Walker?

You don't know that...and ripping it up? really? the only thing this guy has ripped up in 3 years is tendons.

Moltzen has started 15 first grade games wearing 7 on his back so he has some experience there and did quite well in the position at the time so it could certainly be Moltzen if John is unavailable.

Last edited:
I watched Moltzen in quite a few games last year as I have a family friend that's in their reserve grade team.
He really looks off the pace. I know he's bashed up with injuries but he just took the wrong options too many times. Not only that, but he threw a dozen or more hospital passes over the 4 games I saw. Our friend who played a handful of games with him thinks he is scared to get tackled now as he has had too many injuries over the years.
Hopefully he gets over his fear as he was a good junior.

I think the answer to this is to do what the great NFL teams do with quarterbacks. You implement a system where if you take out the awesome QB and replace him with his backup who is ****, you scale back the system to a lower skill level but have the other starters step up and carry some of the burden (in the NFL this could mean you demand more out of the O line to give the new QB more time, so maybe we ask our forwards to give even more so that our new half has more room and a a fraction of a second longer to set up plays, etc).

You are never going to have someone come in and just do what he does so you need a system in place that can be adjusted to cover the loss of a particular skill anywhere across the park by turning it up in other areas.

For me everything will begin and end with our forwards so if they play well and get a roll on, then the speed of our spine should destroy teams. So for mine the bigger issue is not really an injury to DCE but a couple of injuries to key guys in our pack.
Yeah that'll work. Especially the o line bit ;0)

Ramien and Bainbridge were both very good for younger kids cox missed a couple of tackles cost us a try with the first one going the wrong way to let the hooker in. But knight tom and garner all good and pearsell

What about the Human Cannon Ball Demetriou?

I watched Moltzen in quite a few games last year as I have a family friend that's in their reserve grade team.
He really looks off the pace. I know he's bashed up with injuries but he just took the wrong options too many times. Not only that, but he threw a dozen or more hospital passes over the 4 games I saw. Our friend who played a handful of games with him thinks he is scared to get tackled now as he has had too many injuries over the years.
Hopefully he gets over his fear as he was a good junior.
Slow and can't tackle, great. I wish we had kept Hiku!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6