Who should we target?

• Thread starter Deleted member 26876
  • Start date
  • We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
D

Deleted member 26876

Just wondering who you all think we should be going after.

Sadly the badly kept secret of Uate coming to us seems likely to occur, could be a good signing, likely to be one of the worst but he'll lock down the 5. Jersey, meaning we will go for either depth for our backs or a quality forward like that of Manu Mau.

Who do you think we should try sign for next year. I'm calling for a raid on Mau and perhaps Vaughan or Evans (who I'd really like at the club) but then again the depth for our backs proved crucial to our demise in 2016, so I'm a bit lost as to who we should go for.

Well this year we are pretty much done recruitment IMO. Uate will be the last signing before next season, maybe if we are lucky a couple more.

1: T Trbojevic
2: J Taufua
3: D Walker
4: S Matai
5: ?
6: B Green
7: D Cherry-Evans
8: J Trbojevic (c)
9: M Parcell
10: D Lussick
11: M Taupau
12: ?
13: J Buhrer (c)

14: A Koroisau
15: A Fonua-Blake
16: N Myles
17: J Hopoate

Backups:
Fullback- T Wright
Wing- A Uate, M Wright
Centre- B Wiliame, B Parker
Five-Eight- C Cullen
Halfback- P Godinet
Hooker-
Prop- W Meehan, B Lawrence
Second Row- S Lane, L Brown, F Winterstein, B Bainbridge
Lock-

We shouldn't be targeting anyone, we should just save all the money we have which is a fair bit and spend it next year on a quality centre, fast winger and a destructive backrower. And a goal kicker. James Roberts would be the ideal centre for manly. His off field stuff though is a problem. Other option would be Jack Bird tell him he can play a year at centre then when Green moves on give Bird the 6. Theirs also DWZ who wants a bigger role at his club we could provide him that at centre. David Nofoaluma is another option at centre he is quick and powerful he can also be a wing option. Other long shot centre or wing options would be Ferguson, Gagai or Kahu who can also kick goals. Even Tyrone Peachy would be a good option for centre, he can also play backrow and I'm sure he wants a starting spot which he isn't going to get next year at Penrith. As for backrow we should bring big dollars and try and get one of Jason Taumalolo, Manu Ma'u or Korbin Sims.

Can anyone tell me whose gonna be our goal kicker in 2017??? If we're gonna have any hope of squeezing into the 8 somehow we need an 80% kicker to give us a fighting chance.

No way Uate! I think Maranta or Oldfield would be better options. Maranta is off contract and has played 70 games for the Broncos. Seems like a decent bloke too.
I think if we could sign Maranta, Evans and T Rex i would be very happy. But probably a bit $$$!

Turbo
Taufua
Walker
Matai
Maranta
DCE
Green
Darcy C
Parcell
AFB
Buhrer
T Rex
Jake

Api
Taupau
Myles
Evans

Meehan
Lane
Williams
Wright
Lawrence
Hopoate
Wright
Cullen
Winterstein
Brown

Can anyone tell me whose gonna be our goal kicker in 2017??? If we're gonna have any hope of squeezing into the 8 somehow we need an 80% kicker to give us a fighting chance.

DCE can kick goals, so can Matt Wright. I'm sure that will be figured out over the pre-season and whoever is getting the job will do some work on it. Who knows, we might even be recruiting someone with a decent boot on them.

No way Uate! I think Maranta or Oldfield would be better options. Maranta is off contract and has played 70 games for the Broncos. Seems like a decent bloke too.
I think if we could sign Maranta, Evans and T Rex i would be very happy. But probably a bit $$$!

Turbo
Taufua
Walker
Matai
Maranta
DCE
Green
Darcy C
Parcell
AFB
Buhrer
T Rex
Jake

Api
Meehan
Myles
Evans

Lane
Williams
Wright
Lawrence
Hopoate
Wright
Cullen
Winterstein
Brown

Pretty sure Maranta has switched to rugby and signed with the Qld Reds

Maranta was inexplicably picked up by QLD rugby much to the disgust of the media up there and Oldfields a fringe first grader at best too.. We let him go for a reason in the first place. I think it's time to focus on players we actually want in our top 17 mate

U pu Poching. - just so we can say his name.

Kurt Capewell - As impressive as coen Hess as a young backrower on the rise, and seems not to be contracted.

Kelepi Tanginoa- What happened to this guy! Injured. Doesn't suck up to Arthur. Worth a look.

Ohh and Moa, Mau, Tagatese. Can add to our old and almost ready for retirement list.

Cameron Smith, Josh Reynolds, Greg Inglis, Darius Boyd, James Graham...

...oh, sorry - did you mean 'go after' as in 'try to sign'?

I was thinking more along the lines of 'sniper rifle in the stands'. My bad.
Fixed it now hahah although there are plenty more to add to that list ;)

DCE can kick goals, so can Matt Wright. I'm sure that will be figured out over the pre-season and whoever is getting the job will do some work on it. Who knows, we might even be recruiting someone with a decent boot on them.
DCE use to be good now he is a horrible kicker.

I find it interesting we signed Zane Tetevano last year yet but NRL would not register his contract but it now seems the nrl has registered his contract with the roosters of course. Is the more anti Manly corruption.

I know what he did was a low act but from what ive seen of him seems an explosive player who is still young and could be anything.. Did we try and get him back ?

On last nights effort T'lolo is the man. Imagine if he unleashed that sort of effort week in, week out. Would love to have someone with that line bending/busting dynamism.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4