1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Who Sold Out The 2011 Premiers?

Discussion in 'Rugby League Forum' started by bones, Nov 26, 2014.

1. bones

bones Bones Knows

Ratings:
    +9,036 /102
    [​IMG]

Best wishes to Phil Hughes for a speedy and full recovery, but I posted this because of the piece at the bottom I the page. Interesting. Any guesses who it could be?

2. SeaEagleRock8

SeaEagleRock8 Sea Eagle Lach Staff Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +7,919 /149
    Yes good luck to Phil Hughes.

And ... could it be... gee I'm stumped. Who was it?

3. dowdz

dowdz Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
    +925 /7
    Unknown member of Manly’s 2011 grand-final winning team squad has sold his premiership ring on eBay

AN ANONYMOUS member of the 2011 Manly Sea Eagles has done the unthinkable — selling an NRL premiership ring on eBay for a fraction of its worth.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal for the first time in history league’s most valued grand final prize has been flogged online for the bargain basement price of $2300.

The unique piece of jewellery — which, encrusted in diamonds, is one of only 25 presented to the Sea Eagles three years ago — now belongs to a new owner, Toowoomba tattoo artist Danny Wighton.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/unknown-member-of-manlys-2011-grand-final-winning-team-squad-has-sold-his-premiership-ring-on-ebay/story-fnp0lyn3-1227136096834

Hmmmmm...here's the article

4. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942 /23
    Hasler probably had to make a cash donation to that Idiot State overseas to stay at the Dogs.

5. bones

bones Bones Knows

Ratings:
    +9,036 /102
    My guess would be someone who played in 2008 as they'd still have another ring.

6. ManlyArmy

ManlyArmy Well-Known Member

Ratings:
    +942 /23
    Was thinking Georgie Rose, but sure he has royalties with a few food companies.

7. simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
    +2,202 /29
    There's some cheap comedy here....but I'm going to refrain.

• Like Like x 1
    • bones

bones Bones Knows

Ratings:
      +9,036 /102
      Someone selling their ring? Lol

• Like Like x 2
      • manlyfan76

manlyfan76 Parra Trolls are the best. Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Anywhere but Parramatta
        Ratings:
        +6,334 /134
      • simon64

simon64 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Ratings:
        +2,202 /29
        You just HAD to go there, didn't you bones ?........... Lol.

• Like Like x 1
        • wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
          Ratings:
          +3,462 /60
          That's shiithouse IMO.
          Surely things can't be that bad you'd sell it.

• NYEagle

NYEagle Well-Known Member

Ratings:
          +1,303 /75
        • ManlyMit

ManlyMit Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
          +212 /17
          Here's the link to eBay

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/2011-AUTHENTIC-NRL-PREMIERS-9K-YELLOW-GOLD-GENUINE-DIAMOND-MANLY-SEA-EAGLES-RING-/221601161169?pt=AU_FineJewellery&hash=item3398755fd1&nma=true&si=4VreSzLaQYR%252F7mrRCK5NA%252BOgCgU%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

• Eagleheart

Eagleheart Well-Known Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Sydney
          Ratings:
          +1,578 /43
          In my eyes this bling is a priceless piece of Mighty Sea Eagle achievement and history, something to be extremely proud of and cherished. How could anyone possibly even think of selling it and for it then to go to some fellow for $2,300 who is not even a Mighty Sea Eagles supporter.

If it was for money then organise something through an auction house or other, authenticate it and ask for your details to remain anonymous if that is what you want, but not ebay...! Oh dear, could have got a lot more than $2,300.

Anyway, I am not sure if this whole story is even true anyway.! :dodgy:

As a side note I actually found this article below from 2011, not sure if the directors at the time actually ended up getting their own bling. But that widens the suspect list further if true.

Manly Sea Eagles directors arrange for their own NRL premiership rings, widening rift with players

By Dean Ritchie The Daily Telegraph October 13, 2011 8:52AM

The fractured relationship between Manly's board and players could break down completely with directors arranging for their own NRL premiership rings.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl-premiership/manly-sea-eagles-directors-arrange-for-their-own-nrl-premiership-rings-widening-rift-with-players/story-fn2mcuj6-1226165534018

• Like Like x 1
          • Lord Eagleton

Lord Eagleton Well-Known Member

Ratings:
            +1,017 /29
            Using $9.99 standard postage to courier a $4000 ring?
            Ahh this person is an idiot. I think we have narrowed the player down to being a forward lol. Next clue....

• globaleagle

globaleagle Le ver vert va vers le verre vert! Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
            +9,291 /71
            bugger....if I saw the auction I woulda bought it!

• Budgewoi Eagle

Budgewoi Eagle In for the long haul. Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor 2016 Tipping Competitor

Ratings:
            +4,770 /62
            We know it wasn't Choc, because the seller wanted to remain anonymous.

• Like Like x 5
            • wombatgc

wombatgc Well-Known Member Premium Member 2017 Tipping Competitor

Gold Coast
              Ratings:
              +3,462 /60
              You'd think it'd be out of spite. You could've got big bucks through the right channels as mentioned from EH. Manly old boys would be shaking their heads in disbelief that someone that was/is connected to the club could have a gripe big enough to sell something so priceless. For once I hope the media do try and find out who it is, so they can be named and shamed.:mad:

• Like Like x 1
              • COMMANDER

COMMANDER IF YOU DO NOT TRY YOU CAN NOT FAIL

Would have creamed that offer if I'd have known.

• The Wheel

The Wheel Well-Known Member

Ratings:
                +2,088 /73
                My bet is one of the past directors highly doubt a player would sell unless they were very hard up for cash or are severely pissed off with the club.

• Like Like x 2