WHO was top 3 Seaeagles in 2011

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
No doubt for mine that a key ingredient of the Seaeagles recent success is consistent strength across the park with minimal weaknesses but, in a tough call who was your top 3 OVERALL performers in 2011.
In no particular order I go for -
DCE - went from good to a legitimate star. Runs, passes, Kicks,tricks,dummy,fend , tackles - all top shelf
Foz - tough gutsy young competitor who inspires all - leads with actions.
Snake - Lifts the entire team just being there & has strike power to break a game open or save it when in the balance. Also a major thing ppl overlook is his leadership from the back making overall defence close to inpregenable with his talk & positioning.
Sorry to Hoppa who was massive, underrated Ballin ,Gift adding options all day & even more so Lyon who is pure quality but thats my top 3 for 2011.

1. Lyon - Because he's just amazing.
2. T-Rex - Because he's bloody awesome in the pack.
3. Joe - Because when the going gets tough, Joe keeps going.

In no particular order DCE, Lyon & big Joe. Honourable mentions to Snake, Watmough, T-Rex & Gift.

Jamie Lyon - great leader, role model,own to earth and so mature & talented.
Anthony Watmough - awesome player, and was the one who spoke out and stuck up for the club post GF as things imploded around in & around Brookvale.
Tony Williams - what more is there to say.

Too many good performers to nail it down to 3, but if I had to:

1. G Stewart
2. DCE
3. Killer

Best bench player: Joe G (what a season, is now a favourite)

Honourable mention: Foran, T Rex, M Robertson, Hoppa Jnr.

I would like to point out the result had very little to do with the coaching staff.

1 Lyon- a consistant game winner, a leader, goal kicker.
2 DCE 1/2's always get credit when teams win but Daly deserves it.
3 Big Joe the meter eater. His taclking was relentless and he was the terminator of 2011(how many times did he keep getting up) no injury could stop him.
hard to put players above others but these three were consistantly brilliant all year.

Glenn Stewart easily the most influential

He is the main reason DCE had such a good year, he had Glenn planted beside him doing nearly everything on that side of the park while settling into 1st grade and had no pressure at all playmaking wise on his shoulders the 1st couple of months

DCE without a good half like him we had no chance of getting to the gf

Lyon a true professional
T-rex added an unexpected xfactor

1. DCE/Foz- you cant win a premiership without an exceptional half or 5/8th and we had both.
2. Gift- Just kept defenses backpeddaling and second guessing the whole season
3. Lyon- Inspirational leadership, exceptional playmaker and try maker,awesome goal kicker.

Lyon - great captains knock.
Watmough - Manly through and through.
Galuvao - so much courage.

DCE - The pressure on the kid and the way he performed. Outstanding.

Lyon - In many respects the catalyst for DCE to step-up. Runs everything down the RHS but still had the sense to give DCE the time and space to make decisions. Selfless playing style and brilliant leadership throughout the year.

Galuvao - Worked hard all-season and was a stand-out when moved to prop. Tireless leader of the forwards and I would suggest he's the new BK in mentoring the kids on being professional, and having the right attitude to the game.

Hamster Huey said:
DCE - The pressure on the kid and the way he performed. Outstanding.

Lyon - In many respects the catalyst for DCE to step-up. Runs everything down the RHS but still had the sense to give DCE the time and space to make decisions. Selfless playing style and brilliant leadership throughout the year.

Galuvao - Worked hard all-season and was a stand-out when moved to prop. Tireless leader of the forwards and I would suggest he's the new BK in mentoring the kids on being professional, and having the right attitude to the game.
Lyon {1}
Killer[2]
Jamie[3]

DCE - Rookie who played like a veteren. This kid grew every game and always had a positive attitude.

Lyon - Our captain, was solid all year.

Gift - Played brilliantly all year, basically gave us a second 5/8 on the other side of the field.

Honurable mention - T-rex, Foza, snake, ballin and robbo

1 Lyon & Glenn Stewart
3 dce

On a sidenote I see some people have included the Prince as one of the top 3. I strongly disagree however this is where I see our biggest area of improvement in 2012 he's knee is going to be stronger and be is going to be far more confident. It's a credit to Brett that him at 75-85% is better than just about any other fullback in the game.

My prediction for 2012 is b stewart To score 20+ tries and go very close to the dally m medal

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6