Who will be our starting side for the WCC

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Rambo1987

Bencher
I think it will be

Brett
Robbo
Lyon
Matai
Wolfman
Bailey
Ox
Josh
Ballin
Hall
Cuthbertson
Choc
Glenn

Heath
King
George
Waerea-Hargreaves

Good side but there is no sub to cater for the injury to a back. (We are going to miss Beaver's utility value.)

I still wonder if Cuthbo is better off the bench at the end of the halves when the defence starts to tire. King could then start with Hall in the second row.Is there a utility sub who could be on the bench?

Heath will have to cover the Half spot - Bailey will have to cover Centre & 5/8. Lyon will cover Centre & 5/8.

But your right the wing spot will be an issue.

We need Tony Williams fit when the comp starts.

For what it's worth I think it will be

Stewart
Robbo
Matai
Neumann
Wolfman
Killer
Ox
Perry
Ballin
King
Hall
Choc
Stewart

LeSnak
Cuthbo
Bailey
Rodney

C & C I'd be worried about Cuthbo's propensity to try the offload in what I see as a very wet and dour game.  Rosey-boy might get a start if it's a slush pit.  Just tell him to plough up the middle and carry defenders.  Bailey, Le Snack and Rodney seem like a lightish bench, something that Des doesn't favour.  Rambo's side looks the goods although I'd swap Hall for King.

Big George was feted on here as being a creative ball player forward....the next Arthur Beetson according to some, so I think he is just as prone to pushing passes as Cuthbo. Also if the conditions are boggy he really will be a hapless water buffalo in the swamp, come defence time. I don't see what Cuthbo has done wrong to not be given first crack, Rose doesn't offer that much more IMO. The loss of Kite is a big blow and leaves us a bit light in the forwards no doubt, but Hall can play up front no worries. I can't see JWH getting a run barring 2 or 3 injuries in the warm up game. He is going along for experience only I reckon, and might get a run against Harlequins. Bailey is on bench for utility value. Rodney is open for discussion, but I think he'll get the nod.

Of course this is assuming that Des sticks with Killer at 5/8, which means that Neumann will play...........which seems to have been his preference in the past. Maybe he will surprise and start Bailey at 5/8 and bench Neumann

C & C I can't seem to find out on which channel/ Fox/9 this match will be shown here.  Any ideas? 

Someone posted it on here the other day.

I'm pretty sure it was Channel 9 who have it on live Monday morning (March 2), starts at 4 or 5 in the morning from memory.

Des was on the pm 2gb news said that george Rose is out of the 1st game because of the flu
and Manly will be flying under the radar in 09 as Melbourne and Brisbane will be the team to beat, Zorba this morning said all the kids and new signings HODKINSON , SUNIULA ,
WAEREA-HARGREAVES ,RODNEY ,BAILEY ,FORAN will be making their debuts for Manly against the Quinns,

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6