Who will sign Tuqiri ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Tuqiri Sacked by ARU

July 01, 2009
Lote Tuqiri's contract with the Australian Rugby Union has been terminated.

The ARU released a brief statement tonight which said:

"The employment contract of Lote Tuqiri has been terminated effective today.

"ARU has treated this issue as a standard employment matter.

"The ARU will not make any further comment on the matter as it may be the subject of legal proceedings."

------------------------------------------------------

Assuming he will come back to league rather than jetting off to Europe, which club will nab him ? Rabbits would be the favourites I would have to think

Amusing how the ARU waited until a day after the NRL registration deadline to get rid of him

He can make too much money in French Rugby. If he does comes back to League, i can;t think who would pick him up. Maybe titans?

I can't see him settling for a paltry NRL contract after a million dollar ARU contract. He hasn't earned his keep the last 2 years and I'm glad Robbie Deans had the balls to drop him. We won't miss him.

He has always hinted at a desire to get back into rugby league though fella's. He would have to be pretty nicely set up by now, and being good mates with Wendell and Rogers the NRL must hold some appeal

Spuds Bodyguard link said:
Dragons? Re-unite with Wendell & Wayne Bennett.

I'm starting to think Bennett took the Bronco's accountant with him to St George, but realistically they can't have the $$$ free under the cap for him.

Probably rugby in Japan.  If NRL then the roosters as they have money available.

I can only see him going to a qld based club or the dragons falling short of that I reckon french or jap rugby is the go for lote, should never have left the greatest game of all!

A curly one - Bulldogs?

They're looking to replace a highly-paid winger....

He hasn't enjoyed his time in rugby. But he is a wealthy man now, why not play for 250k again, but in a sport you actually bloody love instead?

4-1 League
9-1 French Rugby
20-1 Japan Rugby
199-1 AFL.

French Rugby is the winner though, they can offer him the most money.

Zep link said:
4-1 League
9-1 French Rugby
20-1 Japan Rugby
199-1 AFL.

French Rugby is the winner though, they can offer him the most money.

Haha, remember that story which quoted the Adelaide coach (from memory, not 100%) saying that Tuqiri would be a success if he code-swapped and played AFL? It was like 3 years ago, and well into his rugby transition. It was the most hilarious suggestion I'd ever seen.

Zep link said:
4-1 League
9-1 French Rugby
20-1 Japan Rugby
199-1 AFL.

You would never make a bookie Zep! You can back each option and cannot lose money, only make it :p

He was one of my all-time favorite players. But he has bludged around in RU for way too long. I would be astonished if he made an impact in RL now. If he wants an easy life then French RU and the attached dollars would have to be favorite.

Funny isn't it....ALL the high profile League Players they poached are now gone, Rogers, Sailor and now Lote......only Ryan CRoss remains, and he's hardly "high profile" (although he has done well I'll admit!!!)

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Funny isn't it....ALL the high profile League Players they poached are now gone, Rogers, Sailor and now Lote......only Ryan CRoss remains, and he's hardly \"high profile\" (although he has done well I'll admit!!!)

Don't forget TimTam Tahu, he is still proving he is a myth in two codes.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6