Who will we miss next year?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Paw93

Reserve Grader
After watching last night's game and seeing the players combine so well for a great team win I noticed that some of these guys won't be here next year. It got me thinking as to whether we have recruited well enough to cover these guys and how much of them will we miss. My question is who's signed elsewhere and do we have anyone to cover for them?

Foz is the first to come to mind. Say what you will about him ditching our club for the squeels he has shown heart on the field for the last few weeks. His combinations with our outside backs was phenomenal and his cover defence was great as well. There were a few times when a loose ball or a last ditch cover tackle was taken by him. I do think he played through injuries earlier in the year and now he's back at full fitness with our entire backline he's really stepped up in attack. He's probably the one guy we don't have a great replacement for. Killer would do the job but we'd miss him at centre. Hate him or love him, Foz will be missed.

Chee Kam and Ligi Sao are also leaving to the Tigers and Warriors, respectively. Chee Kam filled in seamlessly for Matai last night. Whenever we've had an injury in the backline we've really struggled to keep up with the game. Usually T-Red fills in as cover but his positional defence can be inconsistent. I was genuinely worried about what would happen after Matai went off injured. Chee Kam filled in really well and fit into the attack and defence well enough. Lewis Brown could probably take that utility role and do it well (especially in regards to his defence). We've bought a lot of older forwards but I'm not too sure if we have anyone that can rise alongside Jake in the forwards.

Sorry for the long post but it's something I think we should look at in regards to who will be coming in to fill the gap. Also glad Mateo is staying. Need to get a new contract to Willie ASAP. Love the bloke with his passion and character! All the players love him too.

We get Buhrer back and Gutherson add to that Myles and Api so we wont miss too many if we get an okay half to replace foz.

I felt that Ligi has done well this year and is a solid depth player, Chee Kam has honestly impressed the sh*t out of me in the last two games and shown some of the potential he arrived with. Dunamis will be missed as well but we've got Buhrer/Symonds/Mateo etc...

Foran. Torn on this one. Is he responsible for our poor attitude earlier in the year? I doubt he's solely responsible but it's no coincidence that we've performed much much better with Foz having a go and playing with the enthusiasm he's lacked for the last 12 months. We will definitely miss the Foran that's turned up the last few weeks..

Then there's Tooves. I will, of course, reserve judgment on Barret for a season or two, but we will miss Tooves' character and coaching box blow ups...

I felt that Ligi has done well this year and is a solid depth player, Chee Kam has honestly impressed the sh*t out of me in the last two games and shown some of the potential he arrived with. Dunamis will be missed as well but we've got Buhrer/Symonds/Mateo etc...

Foran. Torn on this one. Is he responsible for our poor attitude earlier in the year? I doubt he's solely responsible but it's no coincidence that we've performed much much better with Foz having a go and playing with the enthusiasm he's lacked for the last 12 months. We will definitely miss the Foran that's turned up the last few weeks..

Then there's Tooves. I will, of course, reserve judgment on Barret for a season or two, but we will miss Tooves' character and coaching box blow ups...

Have to agree. Chee Kam is a monster capable of bloody anything! So disappointing Manly let him go.

As for Foz, I'm guessing it's dawned on him that this is his final chance of winning a premiership...

Have to agree. Chee Kam is a monster capable of bloody anything! So disappointing Manly let him go.

As for Foz, I'm guessing it's dawned on him that this is his final chance of winning a premiership...
Look I was convinced that Chee Kam didn't exist up until last week. Heard sooooo much about him and he's been mr invisible up until recently. Unfortunately he had a bad run of injuries and I think he's been let go before he could prove himself. Won't be "missed" as such, because he's been a bit of a non-entity, but he could well be a player we wish we'd kept!

Tooves for starters.

In the form he is currently in I think we're going to miss Foz the most. We won't miss the sooky la la that's been moping around the club for the past 12 months though.

I can not think of anybody Manly will miss next year.
I'm confident Manly will win the competition next year.

Oh how could I forget Tooves! With the players playing the way they are, his classic coaching style has really come into its own. Also his passion and humility will be nigh impossible to replace. I will miss those awesome interviews he gave on NRL 360. He's as Manly as anyone gets.

I also agree that the Foz of the last few weeks will be the one that will be missed. To be honest, he's going to be the hardest to replace. I'm thankful that there won't be any conflict left in the team but I gotta give it to the guy, there's not many out there who can run the ball like he does.

Foz will miss Manly and winning more than we will miss him...
That's a massive hole to fill ,when we are on ,we are so dangerous both sides.We are losing a international half & one of the best in the game .Lack of a tough ,attacking 5/8 is where we are gonna struggle next year !

I think we are going to miss players but we will survive and grow stronger because of our additions. I see the 2016 week 1 line up something like this:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. S. Matai
4. P. Hiku
5. T. Trbojevic / C. Gutherson
6. J. Lyon
7. D. Cherry-Evans

8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. N. Miles
11. J. Buhrer
12. L. Brown
13. F. Mateo

14. J. Starling
15. J. Horo
16. B. Leary
17. B. Lawrence

I think we are going to miss players but we will survive and grow stronger because of our additions. I see the 2016 week 1 line up something like this:

1. B. Stewart
2. J. Taufua
3. S. Matai
4. P. Hiku
5. T. Trbojevic / C. Gutherson
6. J. Lyon
7. D. Cherry-Evans

8. J. Trbojevic
9. M. Ballin
10. N. Miles
11. J. Buhrer
12. L. Brown
13. F. Mateo

14. J. Starling
15. J. Horo
16. B. Leary
17. B. Lawrence

Horo has signed with Catalan Dragons for next year. Probably replace him with Symonds though.
I would have Gutherson in the centres with Matai and Tom T on the other wing. Cant find a spot for Hiku if everyone is fit.

Horo has signed with Catalan Dragons for next year. Probably replace him with Symonds though.
I would have Gutherson in the centres with Matai and Tom T on the other wing. Cant find a spot for Hiku if everyone is fit.

Forgot about Horo. That's disappointing he hasbeen playing very well. As impressed as I have been with Tom T, he is still very young and needs work in defence. I'd play him similar to this year between 1st and U20s. 2017 he will be our starting winger. 2018 our starting fullback.

That's a massive hole to fill ,when we are on ,we are so dangerous both sides.We are losing a international half & one of the best in the game .Lack of a tough ,attacking 5/8 is where we are gonna struggle next year !
You say that not knowing who will replace him. If it's Moltzen then yeah lol we're worse off. If it's Killer or Gutho or someone enthusiastic and talented then meh - see us Foz...

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2