Who will win Game 1 of Origin?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Who will win Game 1 of SOO this year?

• NSW

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • QLD

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Who cares... When does Manly play?

Votes: 29 49.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

SeaEagle9413

Forward Pass
NSW side:

1. Matt Moylan
2. Blake Ferguson
3. Michael Jennings
4. Josh Dugan
5. Josh Mansour
6. James Maloney
7. Adam Reynolds
8. Aaron Woods
9. Robbie Farah
10. Paul Gallen (c)
11. Boyd Cordner
12. Josh Jackson
13. Greg Bird

Interchange:
14. Dylan Walker
15. James Tamou
16. David Klemmer
17. Andrew Fifita

QLD side:

1. Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
4. Justin O’Neill (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
6. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Matt Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)
9. Cameron Smith (c) (Melbourne Storm)
10. Nate Myles (Manly Warringah Sea Eagles)
11. Matt Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos)

Interchange:
14. Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys)
15. Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
17. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)

QLD will win , a far more settled and familiar with each other side.

They will also win game 2, and the series at Suncorp but then let their bundle drop to lose game 3 back at ANZ.

And yes just hope no Manly player gets injured , and also hope it fires up Myles, who by his own admission has been pretty ordinary since joining Manly.

NSW for sure! Home team, Qld injuries to key players, Qld running on old legs.....

Qld are the underdogs in this one!

As always. @:p

Never ceased to amaze me year in year out , QLD the underdogs, and year in year out they keep winning enough games to win 9/10 during the last decade.

Cronk's " injury" was great theatre , and especially when all the TV camera's were there but it's just that " theatre "!.

Oh dont worry it will be close again ( as it usually is) but the class of Smith / Cronk / Thurston ( yep running on old legs ) will be the difference at the end.

QLD's biggest issue is " when do they retire the old legs", and I'd suggest it will not be until they actually retire and leave the game, and in that last year ( if they continue to 35/36) they'll be shown up big time regardless of their experience.

To be honest I can't wait, QLD has had a once in probably two generations team, stacked with not only the best player in the modern game but a host of them.

Apart from one year ( in which QLD had a number of key injuries) NSW haven't been in a bulls roar of them, and I'm really looking forward to seeing it more on an even keel in a year or two.

Will be SO much better for the game.

I actually like the blues forward pack this year. Bench included. I don't think Reynolds will go that well, and I would have had Morris instead of Dugan.

Mrs Brisbane will appreciate that consideration.

She's learnt long ago when the footy is on to turn the other TV on and watch something else, leaving me to throw cushions and rant.

However in the caravan I'm banished to setting up the TV on the outside connection.

Poor woman she's suffered along with me at every Manly GF loss since we were married in 1975.

Don't really care, I hate this time of the year when everything is about Origin.

I agree 110% BUT it would be worse for you if you lived up here its "wall to wall" Origin, houses with flags up, cars with their flags up, everyone wearing their Origin jerseys going shopping, talk back radio full of it, local TV dominated by it.

I love living in QLD for the weather, and for about 10 months of the year the people are great as well BUT from mid May to whenever Origin is over they turn into complete tossers!!

The thought of having to sit through 2 hours of horrendous channel Nine league production is a pretty bleak. Not that i particularly care, living in London, but are Fox Sports broadcasting Origin this year with their own production/talent? Such a better option

The thought of having to sit through 2 hours of horrendous channel Nine league production is a pretty bleak. Not that i particularly care, living in London, but are Fox Sports broadcasting Origin this year with their own production/talent? Such a better option

Don't know, hope so....yes the Nein Origin production is vomitrom in character, I cant stand Gould at the best of times but throw in the likes of Freddy, Wally and co and its just ugly.

Mind you Fox has Tallis / Billy Moore, so from that angle it doesn't get way better, but I agree the Fox commentators (Vossy & Alexander I imagine would do the Origin call) are excellent.

living in QUEEEENSLAND all we get is this view of nsw
10803371.jpg

I can never understand the negativity origin sometimes gets on here. If you look past the media hype you get to see (apart from game 3 last year) some amazing quality / close games.

Not sure how as a league lover you can not enjoy the game...said even as a blues supporter

I can never understand the negativity origin sometimes gets on here. If you look past the media hype you get to see (apart from game 3 last year) some amazing quality / close games.

Not sure how as a league lover you can not enjoy the game...said even as a blues supporter

Neither can I , apart from my obvious anti QLD bias it's usually scintillating footy, left by the refs as a footy game should be.

• 🤝
Reactions: lsz

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4