Who won the Grand Final?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I see it as a sign of great weakness every time News Ltd papers go into bat for Gallop. They are saying that Gallop can't look after himself, that he is weak.

That he needs to be rescued.

Let them keep painting him as a weak man.

Gotta agree with swoop and understand where he is coming from, it needs to be nipped in the butt sooner or later.

I also feel for the Stewart's as it's been 2 years of hell.

Now is the time to enjoy our victory, relax for a few months and get our mind back on the job for 2012 World Club Challenge and defence of our 2011 Premiers title.

I tend to agree that much of this would have happened whether we won the GF or not. The good thing is we won the GF and the vindication that comes with it is enough for me.

We've got some good things to look forward to....

The GF and 2011 season highlights DVD's
Premiership merchandise
The WCC in February
Then perhaps best of all...... the chance to go back-back next year.

Oh, 1 more thing.... We are the PREMIERS!

Those saying the Stewarts should do this or shouldn't have done that might ask themselves this question: are you embarrassed about what they've done?

From my understanding all they did was speak directly to Gallop. Glen even patted Gallop on the shoulder as he spoke. Gallop did not look intimidated or aghast at what either man said, in fact he seemed to approve of what Brett said by nodding.

Glen said publicly 'we are moving on'. Brett has said nothing publicly (and it wouldn't surpise me if he never said anything publicly again as long as he lives).

So lay off the Stewart boys, it's hardly their fault that the media hasn't moved on.

Matabele said:
Yes he was wronged but at what point does pursuing it become Pyrrhic beyond he Stewarts, to the detriment of the Manly community. I think it's getting to that point.

It all depends on how you value your principles.
Sometimes you just can't let someone beat you, regardless of the cost. This attitude has been demonstrated on the field to great success. Maybe this is what comes with it. I can't say I disagree with it. If only we could all stand by our convictions like this, arseholes like Gallop wouldn't be able to slime their ways into these positions of power in the first place.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Those saying the Stewarts should do this or shouldn't have done that might ask themselves this question: are you embarrassed about what they've done?

NOT ONE BIT

It is the media that is beating this all up and giving it legs.

The same argument the media are using regarding the Stewart's could have pick up the phone apply to Gallop as well.

As the CEO of the NRL and a mature elder citizen and, instead of being pig headed he should have demonstrated leadership and come out to meet Brett and his family and sorted this out 40 months ago.

Unfortunately Gallop lets pride get the better of him.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4