Who would you add/swap?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagle66

Bencher
A couple of weeks ago, whilst painting, I was listening the Manly podcasts and they posed two questions.

One is, given the squad as you know it, which one player currently playing in the NRL would you add to your 2016 roster?

The second was, consider Manly's history as you know it, which 3 players from the past would you add to the squad for this season. Consider the strengths and weaknesses of the current squad.

I have thought of Cliffy and Beaver plus Kennedy, or Bozo, Gillespie & Menzies maybe Mal Reilly, John O'Neill & Terry Randall?
The player for next year's squad could be Thurston or Matt Scott or James Graham.

I think we need a Josh Jackson type. A tough 80 minute player of rep standard with his best footy ahead of him.

Next years roster - Jason Taumalolo
3 Past Players - Cliff Lyons, Steve Menzies, Ian Roberts.

From the past Ben Kennedy( geez what an impact for 2 years). Beaver(need I say more).
Cliffy(hell yeah)
From the present-

Cliff first. Foran is leaving so Cliffy can replace him. We need his genius.

Spud. We need a tough nut up front.

Beaver. A try scorer and class defender. Would also do a better job of plugging the centres when Killer or Skivy get injured.

We don't need a fullback, but if we did I would add Matthew Ridge for his goal kicking.

Ben Matulino - Offloading meter eating prop
Cliffy - 5/8 to replace Foran
Beaver - 2nd Row we need a hole running forward
Ben Kennedy - revive us like he did

Current - Blake Austin

Past - Bob Fulton, Steve Menzies, Terry Randall

Can't believe there's no mention of Fulton. I'm too young to have seen him play live, but have all Manly's premierships on DVD. Watching him win the '73 GF single handed was impressive.

BK - he's exactly what is needed now. A forward that Jake and LIgi etc can look up to and run into battle behind.

Current - Blake Austin.

Swap hasson with Jason Taumalolo.

The cowboys would probably also have to give us some cash as well to balance the swap.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7