Who would you chase with the "spare" cash?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Nutzcraw

Bencher

Now that hecks is gone we have some cash to play with apparently.

Would you A - Keep it for future spending (perhaps Jamie Lyon)?
B - Reinvest it in a new established prop to replace Hecks?
C - Reinvest it in a new up and coming prop to replace hecks?
D - Spend it on another back?

I personally would take option A, I think we can surely find a prop in our ranks to replace hecks (some need to stand up more than others). Also belive that our backs will be okay this year with bell here and Matai and alberts fighting for the other spot all year should bring the best out of them. I think Jamie lyon is a match winner and would probably be the most inform centre if not player in the world right now, and the fact that he has been an elite centre for a few years now shows me by the time 2007 comes round he'll still be performing well.

Although the dragons didn't win this year and they have a huge forward, there 2 centres still got them out of alot of games they could have lost and i think thats the type of stuff we will get if we were to have Lyon and Bell as our centre pairing.

Share your thoughts guys and girls

not much else left out there so I think we should save it and use it to entice someone like J Lyon or another bluechip player next season as a upfront payment.

Our only hope is to pick up a shed player from a cap strapped club - hopefully not spit the dummy Thompson though.

It was around this time last year that we picked up half Witt.

A Justin Poore or a Topou wouldn't go astray. I doubt either will come available though.

The other option would be to get rid of Moanaghan and throw a one year contract to Timmins to fill the 5/8th vacancy and keep it warm for Lyon's arrival.

i have heard that a really good prop has signed with your team. He will probably be starting prop by the end of the year.

He hasn't been announced on the Manly website yet but he is a marquee signing. He hasn't played nrl yet but there were other clubs after him. Manly offered him a lot to sign.

how long did he last in the test on Sunday? I remember him being on the field at around the 65th minute, had not had a rest.

Exactly. And it was a high quality game. A bit more durability than one-hit-up Princess.

That Fielden guy did 20 hit ups for 145 meters, 21 tackles ... probably better than Kings season.

damn 20 hitups for 145 metres is not too shabby and something we havent seen from King ever!

I have a feeling it's the unpronounceable phantom....The guy who has come from Melbourne/Brisbane Norths.

Either that or Poore....mmmm..Poore..

I would settle for Ashton Simms

i have heard that a really good prop has signed with your team. He will probably be starting prop by the end of the year.

He hasn't been announced on the Manly website yet but he is a marquee signing. He hasn't played nrl yet but there were other clubs after him. Manly offered him a lot to sign.

Thanks for the tip Girvie.

Norths rate Kyle Arnold highly and should be a good signing for manly.

Good luck with getting the bears back in the NRL where they belong. Really miss the Manly Norths rivalry.

Tookey - please explain about this Arnold?

Tookey - please explain about this Arnold?

From the Norths website

NORTHS ANNOUNCE PLAYERS FOR 2006
4th November 2005
By Steve Little

New recruits for 2006 Premier League

Ben Black – (from Halifax)
Scott McLean (from St. Marys)
Brendan Crabb (from Manly)
Daniel Watkins (from Manly)
Daniel Russell (from Parramatta)
Aaron Trinder (from Manly)
Suli Koroibulileka (from Manly)

Moving on from 2005 Premier League

Namila Davui - Bulldogs 2006
Chris Tuatara - Bulldogs 2006
Lester Salanoa - Bulldogs 2006
Ben Kalcina - released
Aaron Heremaia - Leigh (UK) 2006
Anthony Kiro - released
Wayne McDade - released
Kyle Arnold - Manly 2006
Steven Hales - released
Scott Webb - released
Billy Ngawini - Bulldogs 2006

Here is an article written about him. I saw norths PL play once last year and he has a lot of agrro and is a real forward leader. I think that he will do a Bryant and at least be on the bench for FG by the middle of next year. He trained with Melbourne towards the end of last year.

Navy Clearance Diver AB Kyle Arnold is a rugged front-rower who is considered by legends of rugby league to be in a league of his own.

AB Arnold, who is based at HMAS Waterhen as a Navy Clearance Diver (AUSTCDT1), has the potential to reach the dizzy heights of rugby league stardom.

AB Arnold, 24, is currently the captain of the North Sydney Bears Premier League team that serves as the feeder club for the Melbourne Storm first grade league team.

The rugged front-rower is also the corner-stone of the scrum for the Australian Combined Services team and the Navy team.

It’s a tribute to AB Arnold’s talent that after only a handful of games in the past two years that he has represented the ADF in rugby league and is in-line for first grade selection with the Melbourne Storm should their front-rowers suffer injury.

AB Arnold’s selection to play for the ADF team after appearing in only one game for Navy in the national tournament speaks volumes about his ability as a rugby league player.

The rugged front-rower played for the Australian Combined Services team that beat their Kiwi counterparts 28-0 in the curtain raiser to the Anzac Rugby League Test played at Suncorp Stadium in April.

Former league internationals Gary Freeman and Greg Florimo told Navy News that AB Arnold is a player of HUGE potential.

‘Huge’ just happens to be AB Arnold’s nickname which well reflects his enormous physical build. The tear-away front-rower stands 192cm and weighs 105kg.

“Kyle only joined us this year and already he had had a huge impact for the team,” said Gary Freeman, the former Kiwi international and the current coach of the North Sydney Bears.

Coach Freeman said AB Arnold’s role as a player who inspired his team-mates but intimidated the opposition are the reasons he was elevated to captain midway through the season after only a hand full of games.

“Kyle came to us as an complete unknown at the start of the season but his talent as a player and his on-field leadership have seen him emerge as one of our best players.

“Kyle is everything I want in a captain and front-rower. I expect him to lead the North Sydney Bears into the play-offs in the coming weeks.”

AB Arnold said he loves playing league – whether it be for the North Sydney Bears, the Navy team or the Australian Combined Service teams.

“I love playing rugby league and want to test my ability at the highest level to see if I have what it takes,” Kyle said.

Kyle & Kylie - interesting.

The two K's
The two BK's.

option B

We need an experienced prop with ticker.

Didn't the Ox say he thought Manly "had" a good forward pack?

if i had spare cash I would buy me some beer

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4