who's bright idea was that?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dan

Kim Jong Dan
Staff member
Administrator
Tipping Member
I can not believe how bad the event organizers are at brookie. Those speakers that stand and obstruct the view of probably 5% of people at the grounds I can tell you how pissed off I am with them. I plan to forward a complaint and compensation claim after the game about this

You should try North Sydney Oval sometime. As you look at the hill, on the left hand side, they would place the large screen ON THE FIELD !! LOL. It basically meant probably 15% of the hill couldn't be used by actual paying fans - which didn't ever mean anything really, because no fans ever turned out to watch their **** product churn it out each week.

I choose to sit with my dad and family. I don't get a lot of chances to see my dad and know at best he has 20 years left. He chose to sit on the benches and this o sit with him. Tomorrow I will post the photo of the speakers. It's a fickinf joke and I sat there whilst the young kids put their fingers in ears and bore the brunt of this ****. Honestly it's a joke. Matas I will whole heartedly say pull your head in idea you think this an unjust whinge.

When egor came around everyone clapped and cheered me asking him to drop their height. Anyone who has been on the hill side this year will know exactly what I mean

I'm with you Dan. We were also right next to a speaker. They assault your hearing. It was the volume that annoyed me although my brother in law's view of the tryline and big screen was obstructed. They used to have lowrise speakers on the ground but they looked pretty old and didn't always work properly.

wait till you see the shot from dads view. My point is. Are you there to listen to Goldman or watch footy. For all I car the speakers can be a set of head pjones

bring back the days of the crap pa that sounded like a tranny with low batteries (no, not kind of tranny).
and while your'e at it, bring back Steve to chuck his boomerang, and the 'peanut in the shell sugar-coated 20 c peanut' man.

happy now bud?

or just get fold back speakers that sit on the ground like they have at. The. Southern end

Pretty sure that they had low rise speakers on the ground on the western side of the field.

The problem was that I was so high up in the stand it was hard to see them. 

The noise level is pretty bad.  The base especially.  No-one on the hill can actually understand what's said anyway.  It's bad at every ground actually.  Seems event organizers think that by turning up the sound it actually heightens the enjoyment.  Not so imho.

This is the speakers i was talking about.
[img=400x300]http://www.silvertails.net/images/speakers.jpg[/img]
They are placed every 20-30 metres along the Hill side of the ground.

Where that photo was taken was the best view, because you could duck down and just see between and underneath them, but if you were sitting on the top row of benches you had no chance. Then add to that if you were from where I was sitting up to about 10 metres to the left, you basically could not see more than half the field. So you are better sitting directly behind the speakers.

I checked out everywhere the speakers were placed and basically each speaker restricted up to on average about 30% of the field, depending on where you were sitting and the corner ones would have restricted a good 50 or more % of the view of the field.

No-one really listed to Goldman anyway, and we all know who scores the tries because they put them on the screen. The music is atrocious and does nothing for the atmosphere anyway. To block that much view for people was just a joke!

I sent in a complaint about this directly to the club.

Not a happy camper after flying all the way here to see possibly my only live match this year

Grant replied back that he has sent the information to the operations team and I am hoping to hear something back from them soon.

Hopefully no-one else will be inconvenienced by this going forward

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Good luck getting a reply Dan, just sent off my 2nd email after they left something off my order last week

haha Grant replied back. Though this is probably a wider issue and having the photo evidence probably helped my case a bit too.

Fro....not looking for praise just can not believe more people were not outraged by this like me

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4