Who's playing ?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Nearly that time again, anyone else having a run round ?

Have been doing pre season for about 6 weeks now, had a big blowout tonight bowling hard for about 15mins before that was me done haha.
Will miss the 1st week of the season because I will be at the Grand Final

I retired 2 seasons ago but have been talked into a comeback.

Might last the season, might only last till the week before we start, will certainly be interesting :)

Yep will be backing up again. Season doesn't start till end of October this year, so got a few weeks yet. Playing for a new team this season too as my normal side has folded.

Will be starting up again in about 2 weeks. Might have to have a bit of net sesh soonish. Can't wait.

Gonna be a huge year by the sounds of it

Just talking to my mate who is now selector, and for 2nds this week we have 3 genuine 2nd grade players and no skipper. Looks like I will be inheriting the C for a few weeks when I get back

Better work bloody hard with the stick this season, will need to get 450+ runs and 35+ wickets i think

Yep,if you need a club in the western suburbs pst me,we could use a few players with brains

2-19 off 5 and omfg i am so unfit,i thought i was gunna die after 5 overs lol

Had my 1st run around on grass yesterday and am bloody feeling it today !! Sore ankle, knee, back and shoulder

Looks like I am skippering the 2s and I don't know half the side

The signs are there that it may be a long year

We had a decent enough side in the end, certainly more talented than the mob we played, but **** the bed

I won the toss, sent them in. I opened up along with a young fella who played 1sts last weekend. They had 1 good batsmen, we dropped him 5 times, he made 65. Another bloke came in, played a big shot every ball, couldn't middle one of them, and had the great knack of dropping the ball between fielders and made 38. That got them to 182 in the end, we got 4 run outs and I took 3/38 from my 10

We started off well enough, then we proceeded to get ourselves out. 115 was the end result, 1 opener made 40. I was caught at short cover for 1, wasn't attacking or defending it, dumb.

We had 2 batsmen in our side up to Prems level, I lose both of them this weekend so our batting will be pretty light

Haha, I got out exactly the same way. Annoying.

Kiwi Eagle link said:
Another bloke came in, played a big shot every ball, couldn't middle one of them, and had the great knack of dropping the ball between fielders and made 38.

Poor field placements.

Post  automatically merged: [time]1286791653[/time]

Well after the scratchiest 6 runs of my life, on a syntho against a pretty ordinary side I just got the call up to rep for the District. fcuken embarrassing really, considering one dude got 114* and couldn't get a look in. Feel pretty bad tbh, and training tomorrow should be interesting.

Now I know how Chris Bailey must feel.

Cheeky bastard !! haha. No matter where I put the fielders, this guy had the knack of not middling it and dropping it down in front of them. Was frustrating by the end of it

Good luck with the rep stuff

Left handers have got absolutely nothing with the bat,big yorker length outswingers just own them (right handed bowler)

2 balls the guy lasted

Had a ****ing belter of a day today, bloody stoked, off the mark as a skipper

We were sent in, and were 47-6 and I was close to giving it away. Me and another blokes batted about 20-25 overs maybe and put on 70-80. I got 31 before being given out LBW

They started really, really slow and kept us in the hunt nicely, being 17/0 off 11 overs. At drinks they were 66/3 from 25 and then we fired up and knocked them off. I came back for my 2nd spell and it all worked perfectly and ended up with 10-5-9-4 and we knocked them over for 84

Nice work KE.

We started the season with a win today, I got a 50 as well, so happy days all round (except I got bowled off a full toss on middle stump *shakes head*)

Was supposed to play, but got called off because of...........Snow.

and I am not making it up, first time I have ever been Snowed out in 25 years of cricket.

I know blokes who played today in Bathurst. They said it was snowing.

We're from a tough town though.

the Rep carnival was on, they might get a game on synthetic today, i'm not sure.

Which town you from Volley?

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4