Whos the brother of who?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Back early in their careers Glenn Stewart was known as the brother of Brett Stewart

Over the last few years has the tide turned so significantly that Brett is now just Glenn Stewarts brother? Don't get me wrong i know as most of you do that a Manly team without Snake isn't as fearsome a proposition as a team with Mr Magic,but who is the better footballer?

Mate, snakes body can no longer keep up with his footy brain...... Great player in his day, but his best is behind him.

Glenn will always be Brett's brother in my eyes. In 10 years time, people will still be talking about Brett, but probably not Glenn. Some of that is due to the position he plays obviously (fb a bit more interesting than backrow).

c eagle said:
Mate, snakes body can no longer keep up with his footy brain...... Great player in his day, but his best is behind him.
Sorry buddy cannot wait to see the egg on your face

If I didn't know better...which I don't, I'd say these threads smell of troll.

Hey this is my opinion, I think we paid to much and gave him to long of a contract.... Will never be popular on here, but I don't give a ****, just calling it as I see it.... I believe Brett's best footy is behind him. There are a lot of key board heros on here that love to jump on and bitch at people when they read something they don't like, we'll stiff ****.... Everyone's intitled to there opinion.

c eagle said:
Hey this is my opinion, I think we paid to much and gave him to long of a contract.... Will never be popular on here, but I don't give a s**t, just calling it as I see it.... I believe Brett's best footy is behind him. There are a lot of key board heros on here that love to jump on and bitch at people when they read something they don't like, we'll stiff s**t.... Everyone's intitled to there opinion.

c eagle, I think it has much more to do with the quality of the thread rather than just simply being based about others opinions.

btw, how much was Brett paid and what is his contract length ?

If I didn't know better.. which I don't, I'd say some people may be complaining when others express their opinions, whilst simultaneously demanding their right to express their own opinions by using an allegedly aggressive keyboard hero style of post whilst additionally deriding the use of keyboard hero style of posting.

But as I said, what do I know? Nuttin.

I dont think its unreasonable to suggest Brett Stewart's best days are behind him - if I'm being honest I think thats probably right. But he still has quite a bit to offer over the next few years hopefully and reckon he will still show patches of the old stuff especially in the big games when he takes the hand brake off a bit. He's looked like a bloke held together with sticky tape and holding back a bit. But the 75% version of him is still very useful.

Defensively he is getting better. Strong chance we will realise over the next few weeks just how much we miss him.

globaleagle said:
If I didn't know better.. which I don't, I'd say some people may be complaining when others express their opinions, whilst simultaneously demanding their right to express their own opinions by using an allegedly aggressive keyboard hero style of post whilst additionally deriding the use of keyboard hero style of posting.

But as I said, what do I know? Nuttin.

I second that......................i ....think

Snake has been my MOM on two occasions this season which is a fair effort considering how well the whole team is playing. He will always be incredibly valuable to our team because of his amazing football brain.

His try scoring has peaked and unless he makes the move to one of the wings I don't think we will see him score around 20 tries in a season ever again. But his ability to set up a try and shut down opposition attacking raids is right up there with the best of them.

c eagle said:
Hey this is my opinion, I think we paid to much and gave him to long of a contract.... Will never be popular on here, but I don't give a s**t, just calling it as I see it.... I believe Brett's best footy is behind him. There are a lot of key board heros on here that love to jump on and bitch at people when they read something they don't like, we'll stiff s**t.... Everyone's intitled to there opinion.

Same as everyone is entitled to their opinion that you have no idea :)

Look at like this:
After 11 seasons of Bob Fulton Scored 129 tries for MWSE. (1966 - 76)(with a 1 season reduction for injuries)* would Manly have preferred to keep Bozo for the 1977 - 1980 period ?? (ie a 4 year extension) ? He played good footy for Easts. Obviously Yes.

So, with Snake (2003 - 2013 with a 2.5 season reduction for injuries) 128 tries and counting, and a glittering reputation in attack, and more recently a stalwart in defence, (hi ball, last line) . . .
Is his best behind him ? Probably Yes. But do we all agree that signing him for the remaining 4 years will be "worth it".
It will be, MWSE will win probably at least 1 more premiership during this period. And Mr S, a one club man, will play no small part in that title.

We as fans owe something to him and the $450 k per year is about the right money.

The bottom line is "I Compare him to Fulton".

*(i do remember 1 very lengthy and several shorter injury interruptions)

The thing with opinions is while everyone is entitled to have theirs but if we both shared your opinion we'd both be wrong.

Like I said it was never going to be a popular comment, but I'm not trying to win friends or influence people, ill stand by what I've said and I hope I am wrong like most of you have already said I am....... So all who have said I'm wrong must have a crystal ball...... Anyone can see Brett is not the footballer he used to be , and never will be, and here's another one for you, IMO he would not have been selected for soo, the guys admitted himself he's getting around on dodgy legs, he hasn't been 100% once this year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4