Why are 9 promoting defectors

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
Say what you want about Sam Burgess and Sonny Bill Will, they're fantastic footballers and there's not a team who wouldn't want them or players like them.

My question though and ive been racking my brain of late is why are channel 9 and somewhat the NRL promoting so heavily these two fellas when they won't be in the competition next year.

Sonny bill was lauded in the footy show last week, there was an article on nrl.com a week or so ago about sonny chasing the rugby World Cup dream. Sam is just untouchable as far as anyone in media/nrl is concerned.

What's the go? Why in gods name are thy being praised and lauded given their defection next year. What the hell is to gain from a Sam bill Williams love fest? Even now... It's the clash of Sonny vs Sam Thursday night footy.

I'm perplexed.

I'm from Brisbane mate and I need someone to wash my mouth out with all the soap you've got.

GO THE BRONCOS!

And I've just realised sonny is out with his broken finger. Even more wtf.

I noticed matty johns pulling himself over Sam Burgess on Sterlo. I am amazed at it also. Fair enough they are good, but all this will achieve is setting an example to other young players that it is fine to go and have a run in Rugby.
I reckon the NRL should pull all promotion of these guys once they announce defection.

Do Ch9 have the rights to the Yawnion world cup???

Lets be honest, they aren't just good players. They are sensational players. But if I was in a marketing role with the NRL I'd be having a chat with our media partners about who they should perhaps be pushing as faces of the game with an eye to the future just as much as the now. Our no 6 & 7 would be high on that list.

TBH league is struggling to compete with soccer and ALF these days...
we (NRL) need all the help we can get!

Brookie said:
TBH league is struggling to compete with soccer and ALF these days...
we (NRL) need all the help we can get!

I used to love Alf too, but I only thought he reffed, not played?

427585_333490693364528_1337330450_n.jpg

League is struggling and will continue to do so under the current leadership...SBW was involved in promotion of the game to the Pacific Islands... Fark me, not only is the useless tool leaving league in 6 weeks he was born in NZ.....but Dave smith and Greenturd have a communal pull when they hear his name.......

But how good is the aftermath,....Fittler and Finch doing interviews...How can these dumb f@rks keep a job......no no no no no

I don't mind some promotion of these guys, but I certainly don't think we should go over the top promoting them either.

If you were in a sales business, Would you knowingly take your flash harry best salesman around to all your new and old clients and tell them how great he is and they should buy stuff off him, six weeks before he leaves for the opposition? Answer is: No, you would have him counting documenting and measuring the length of peanuts in a packet of 10,000. But not ch9 and the NRL. Maybe they think that "oh well he's already leaving so it wont inflate his contract".

fLIP said:
My question though and ive been racking my brain of late is why are channel 9 and somewhat the NRL promoting so heavily these two fellas when they won't be in the competition next year.

I'm perplexed.

Why does 9's news through the day, wide world of sports & Today shows all put AFL before NRL when 9 hasn't got the AFL rights and has the NRL rights?

Brissie Kid said:
fLIP said:

I'm perplexed.

Why does 9's news through the day, wide world of sports & Today shows all put AFL before NRL when 9 hasn't got the AFL rights and has the NRL rights?

Yes this amazes me as well and you are right it happens all the time!!

Mark from Brisbane said:
Brissie Kid said:
fLIP said:

I'm perplexed.

Yes this amazes me as well and you are right it happens all the time!!

Fox sports news does this too. You watch AFL news all morning then they have this tiny little segment for NRL.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6