Why are Manly so hated

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

rhino

Just been viewing some threads on the LEEDS forum and one fan as been listening to one Sydney radio station and 90% of the callers are wanting a LEEDS win,one bloke calling Manly fans a bunch of homo's.I can only asume jealousy,i thought the Roosters were the more hated team in the NRL.

COME ON YOU RHINOS

For Years it was 100% manly.

Now it is Roosters, Bulldogs and Manly.

The initial reason and i am sure someone will correct if i am wrong is during the late 70's early 80's we were seen as the Silvertails. There is a great doco on Fibros v Silvertails. And basically it was a hate compaign from Wests against Manly. Class war and what not. That and there jealousy.

But, it really isn't England v Australia!

Like I'd ever support the Rhinos, nothing to do with bitterness- I'm sure the feeling is mutural.

A bunch of homo's indeed.  C'mon Mata's, defend yourself!  Anyway it's OK to be hated.  To be 'liked' is highly over-rated.  Rhino, the Rorters are the pretenders to the crown, whe're the true silvertails.  Envy is the food for the poor. 

In the 70s and 80s Manly had a very big cheque book and bought the best players from both Souths and Wests, sometimes to play lower grades. This caused some hatred. The success of the team over the years has caused some of this. The video - Fibros and Silvertails explains some of this.

Another issue is that due to our success, many Manly personalities became involved in the media, in administration and in coaching and selecting at the top level. Some claim that Manly had too much influence in the running of the game and that the team had favourable consideration in terms of scheduling, judiciary, rep selection etc. It was one of the reasons for the Superleague split.

A final reason is that (wronglyl) Manly have been blamed for the demise of Norths who were many peoples second team.

All these factors plus those above contribute to Manly's hated status - though Manly fans don't care. A prominent Manly supporter Vidmar, sells a T-shirt along those lines: Noone Like Us - We Don't Care.

In the 70s there  was an old saying: I support two teams every weekend, my own and whoever is playing Manly.

DSM5 link said:
  Anyway it's OK to be hated.  To be 'liked' is highly over-rated 

ahahahahahahaha

There is no emoticon here to describe just how funny (and apt) that is ! 

Everyone else might hate us, but we certainly don't!!

And about 70,000 of the 80,000 fans at last years Grand Final felt EXACTLY the same way.

NO ONE LIKES US WE DON"T CARE!!!!

Q: Why are Manly so hated ?

A: When a non Manly fan with a small penis goes to the amenities and sees your average Manly supporter with a massively large, oversized, donkey d!ck of a cucumber schlong.............................he feels a pang of disappointment in himself. Thus, the resultant hatred.

As we all know player poaching in the 70's & 80's & some stupid refereeing descisions  which we all are now suffering the concequences for the most hated club.Screw them all we're the best club in the last 35 years we don't need an anti European country like england to remind us why we're hated.

The "No one likes us we don't care" started as a song, then a banner that was produced by Northern Eagles missus (made it's first appearance at the Robina Tavern pre-Titans gane at Skilled) and then the T shirts mentioned above (I'll be wearing mine at the Leagues club tomorrow).

I was made "custodian" of the banner for quite a few games and I returned it to NE at the Grand Final (You'll see it on the Fox coverage of the final) only to be then was given it back as pressie by Brett at the Leagues Club after the Grand Final and it has been taken by Aaron to Leeds so look out for it at the ground and on the telly....

GO YOU MIGHTY EAGLES!!!

Oh Manly Warringah!
The one and only
We're Premiers!
We know that no one likes us
and we really do not care
When Manly won the final out at Homebush we were there! (rpt)

Rhino, Canteen is mistaken, We are feted throughout the League as the team that did get rid of that scaberous old has been Bear out of the comp.  And we're proud of it.   

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6