Why beating the Dogs next Sun is so critical

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

cf2 is back

Reserve Grader
It's down to us or Bris for 2nd place with 3 rds to go.

Let's assume the worst and Bris win 3/3 matches against Newc, Souths and us. If they pull that off we'd have to lose 2/3 to give up 2nd place, but given that we play very tough matches against Melb and Bris in the last 2 rds losing both is obviously not impossible.

Therefore beating the Dogs next Sun is absolutely critical in maintaining the crucial 2 point gap and taking a giant step towards the all important 2nd place.

I'd love to see us wrap up 2nd, win our week 1 semi and give guys like Foran, DCE and Ballin who've played every game a massively beneficial week off.

Here's the draw:

Rd 24:
Manly v Dogs
Newc v Bris

Rd 25:
Manly v Melb
Bris v Souths

Rd 26:
Bris v Manly

Brisbane are no certainties to win any of their last three games. Newcastle in Newcastle are a tough proposition and the way souffs are playing right now they could knock them off.

My guess is that we will finish 2nd and play the Warriors at SFS in week 1.

No team, Manly and Storm included are good things to win all their matches.

Maybe the Tigers are the exception but they dont really count.

Sorry Bob you beat me to the post re Cronk but wow it's big news and sure puts a different spin on things.

With Cronk missing Melb could easily lose to Saints and us, and it's then not impossible we could take the minor premiership!

As long as we wrap up a top 2 finish I don't care, winning our week 1 semi and having the week off has got to be the plan.

cf2 is back said:
Sorry Bob you beat me to the post re Cronk but wow it's big news and sure puts a different spin on things.

With Cronk missing Melb could easily lose to Saints and us, and it's then not impossible we could take the minor premiership!

As long as we wrap up a top 2 finish I don't care, winning our week 1 semi and having the week off has got to be the plan.

Melbourne without Cronk will still be hard to beat IMO. Its Smith that we need injured. Slater runs a lot of tries off Cam and he is the factor that could make a huge difference.

the way i see it win next week and we should finish 2nd

the minor premiership hasnt gone yet.

Garts said:
I could not really care for the MP but I don't want to lose 2nd spot.

i understand what your saying garts but its 100k in the bank

I was going to open a new thread but what the hay. Looking at the ladder who would you like to play in week 1 of the finals? The way things are going I think our opponent is most likely to be the Warriors or Dragons. I'd love to eliminate the Dragons from the competition.

Unless we can beat Melbourne by at least 24 points I dont think we'll be in range to catch them. Their points differential is just too impressive. Had we beat them in round 1 though it would be a completely different story.

A win next week will make it very difficult for Brisbane to take 2nd spot. That said I would love to give those scummy Broncos another thrashing in round 26.

Attention Des and the Team. Beating the Dogs is even more important now that St George went down today. It's a must.

bazeagle said:
Attention Des and the Team. Beating the Dogs is even more important now that St George went down today. It's a must.

Don't understand this?

Illawarra losing today has helped us. Even if we lose all 3 games we are now virtually guaranteed to finish at least 3rd thanks to the return of the choke.

We still need to win 2 from 3 to get 2nd & even if we win 3 from 3, we are still not guaranteed to get the MP. If Illawarra had of won, that would have made no difference to these scenarios for 2nd or 1st.

Duff said:
We won't be allowed to beat the donkeys in rd26 because it would ruin it for Darren.

We have an impressive record at Suncorp, it's all about attitude and the boys are not in awe of that stadium....I disagree, this is a winable game....I know you are talking about penalties BUT this still is a game we can win.

haha my ladder predictor has just about mirrored 2008 with manly (2nd) vs warriors (7th) and then dragons (4th) if they win their first two finals matches and then onto melbourne in the grandfinal as long as they win their matches of course.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Duff said:
We won't be allowed to beat the donkeys in rd26 because it would ruin it for Darren.
We have an impressive record at Suncorp, it's all about attitude and the boys are not in awe of that stadium....I disagree, this is a winable game....I know you are talking about penalties BUT this still is a game we can win.
But don't you think Duff is right?...because I really think he is! We won't be allowed to spoil Lockyer's party, imo unless we can somehow get over a no doubt lop-sided penalty count, etc.

ALinda said:
Mark from Brisbane said:
Duff said:
But don't you think Duff is right?...because I really think he is! We won't be allowed to spoil Lockyer's party, imo unless we can somehow get over a no doubt lop-sided penalty count, etc.

Did vs the panthers mate, penalties help they don't often decide outcomes on their own

We'll wint he next two games if we give it everything.

Storm won games during origin without their stars, so it will be tough.

I hope Brisbane seal their top 4 spot in the next week or 2. Otherwise I got a bad feeling that Gallop will ensure Brisbane will win the final round game. As a home semi 1st week of teh finals at suncorp is a MUST!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6