Why did we buy Nate Myles

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Seriously - he lumbers to the line and makes few metres, he has little to offer, ok he can tackle but we need more from a player in his position

To me he looks past it

Experience , reliability .... Has played those high pressure games & will help build the foundations in the middle.
Been great?
Not so far imo....but some rugged defence & not been terrible.
Maybe a better time to judge is by round 12 as Manly improves & Myles understands what is needed personally to contribute more to the team.
Do agree it's been a slow start, but a player with such massive success at the highest level is sure to add something - even past his prime.

Experience , reliability .... Has played those high pressure games & will help build the foundations in the middle.
Been great?
Not so far imo....but some rugged defence & not been terrible.
Maybe a better time to judge is by round 12 as Manly improves & Myles understands what is needed personally to contribute more to the team.
Do agree it's been a slow start, but a player with such massive success at the highest level is sure to add something - even past his prime.
key words in your reply: past his prime

He is a bit like our version of Beau Scott at Parramatta...these guys aren't game breakers or devastating runners of the football, but they are experienced calm heads with experience and a take no prisoners approach to defence...not everything in Rugby League is about steam rolling the opposition on the way to the try line.

He is a bit like our version of Beau Scott at Parramatta...these guys aren't game breakers or devastating runners of the football, but they are experienced calm heads with experience and a take no prisoners approach to defence...not everything in Rugby League is about steam rolling the opposition on the way to the try line.
disagree Snake in today's game players have to be able to attack and defend - bollocks to the calm head thing - I don't necessarily expect Myles to be as devastating an attack player like say Tamalolo but I do want him to break the line occasionally, which he used to do. as previously stated: past his prime that's the point of this thread

He turns 31 in a few weeks worries me.

Hasn't been bad but hasn't put his stamp on any matches yet.

If we are a threat (which I highly doubt) he will be well worth the money. If we are in the "also rans" we will continue to ask this question.

92m and 37 tackles a game is a solid return, nothing spectacular but given our starts this year and how little ball we have seen in the first 10 minutes you can expect the tackles to drop by 5 and run meters to go up by 20 as the season moves on.

Yep plodders...

It's good to have an experienced hardened composed seasoned veteran in the forwards so long as it is balanced out with young strong raw power forwards surrounding him---which is what Parra have.

An old head who is plodding along building ok numbers leading a group of plodders leads to a lot of plodding.

True but that also goes against the rules of the internet where everything must be judged and evaluated on a second by second basis with no looking back or apologising if your take was incorrect...

His numbers take a hit because half of his opening stanza is spent in goal waiting for the other team to kick for two.

As mentioned above, when they can sort that s-house opening 20 minutes out and see some meaningful ball, he'll post better stats.

BUT what if he is part of that opening 20 problem? Switch him to the bench and stick in who to start? BJ and...

And when does AFB get called up? Can he get called up? If he can be, surely he's done enough with Willows Plonkers...

Guy is a poor mans Jason King. King had lots more passion, leadership and pride in The Manly jersey. Hate pre-retirement contracts (Jarome Iginla at Colorado anyone).

Fully fit, I'd have him playing NSW Cup.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7