Why do Monday night games start at 7pm?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

The Who

Journey Man
Do the powers that be think it is easier to get to a Monday night match than a Friday night one, and play it 40 minutes earlier. The crowd was quite good tonight, considering, yet I'm sure all Monday night crows would be bigger if they started a little later.

It was cold on the Hill; the coldest so far this season. The flag giveaway was a great success. It must have looked spectacular to those of you watching on TV under the doona!

I was having the same discussion, getting back from the city to the beaches for 7pm is near impossible.

The counter argument is that families with kids can't be up late on a school night but guess what i bet a whole lot more adults would make up for it @ 7:30

Simple. 7pm for TV. Its terrible for hosting clubs and doesn't do much for their preparation the following week but it puts dollars in the games coffers.

Can only agree. Monday Night Football is a joke. Friday Night somewhat as well.

Most people finishing up work struggle to get there before 7pm kickoff on Friday OR Monday, and most parents with kids would prefer to take them on a weekend.

Bring back Sat/Sunday games only, and whilst at it, bring back all three grades of footy on one day!

For the second week in a row i have been sitting watching a lovely river from the UK. During the half time break they show the tries from last years grandfinal. What a great advertisement for the game

Masked Eagle said:
Simple. 7pm for TV. Its terrible for hosting clubs and doesn't do much for their preparation the following week but it puts dollars in the games coffers.

Not that simple. Friday night matches start at 7.30pm. What's the difference?
No other matches start at 7pm.

Saturday's the weekend, meaning you can stay up a bit later Friday night. It's my only explanation.

Dan79 said:
For the second week in a row i have been sitting watching a lovely river from the UK. During the half time break they show the tries from last years grandfinal. What a great advertisement for the game

I'll blame the first day of the school holidays and having both kids on my own all day for frazzling my brain, but I initially didn't get your post until the bit about the "half time entertainment"- I was fishing in the UK as well because the little fellow was hogging the tv,(bloody Nick Jr) and saw the same thing. Still brings a major smile to my face...

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4