Why haven't we resigned Georgy Rose

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I can't understand why we haven't resigned Georgie Rose. He gives it 110% and always bends the line.

Has he done something wrong?

We went with the view a year ago that we needed more speed in the team and that included the forwards.

Im fairly sure thats a factor.

Big Georgie has been awesome for us this year. He has shown a Manly type ticker that we seem to nurture here.

After breaking his leg badly, way back in 2007 against the scum, he showed tremendous courage to come back and help us win in 2011.

As much as I love the big fella, he is 31 next birthday, and outside of playing for a reduced fee, we may lose him.

I do hope we can find a way to keep him. As many have said in the past he is the kind of player who really kicks in the second half of a season impact wise. Great if there are injuries and so forth, but it's a matter of can you carry someone who isn't really huge on impact in the early rounds. I see he has really upped his media appearances this past few months (can see a career in that for him), hopefully that could be something that could assist him financially getting a decent contract with that while settling for a reduced playing fee (if no other club comes to the table which it doesn't look like happening, since it has been a good few months where it's been clear he is open to offers.)
I'm sure the powers that be know what they are doing. Can't keep everyone sadly these days.

Supernintendo Chalmers said:
I do hope we can find a way to keep him. As many have said in the past he is the kind of player who really kicks in the second half of a season impact wise. Great if there are injuries and so forth, but it's a matter of can you carry someone who isn't really huge on impact in the early rounds. I see he has really upped his media appearances this past few months (can see a career in that for him), hopefully that could be something that could assist him financially getting a decent contract with that while settling for a reduced playing fee (if no other club comes to the table which it doesn't look like happening, since it has been a good few months where it's been clear he is open to offers.)
I'm sure the powers that be know what they are doing. Can't keep everyone sadly these days.

I mentioned this in a previous thread on George, but surely the club could employ him several hours per week as its Indigenous liaison officer as a means of increasing any playing offer made to him- this would have to be outside the cap and something I'm sure George would love to do.

I think vyssini such a payment would be in the cap under current rules. Clubs can't give players another job on the side as far as I know.

I agree with both the above posts, very good ideas! It would be great to have an Indigenous liaison officer. I saw him have a run in the Koori footy the televise on Saturdays, that is a massive event, looking towards the future of indigenous rugby league. And his recent step up in the media show he is a genuine guy, a peoples man, and a fine representative.

I thought that if the club employed him it would still count towards the cap even it was at arms length. I think that even spouse's employment by the club counts towards the cap.

Sorry shoe1. You are too quick for me. ;-)

Clint said:
I thought that if the club employed him it would still count towards the cap even it was at arms length. I think that even spouse's employment by the club counts towards the cap.

Sorry shoe1. You are too quick for me. ;-)

You're right Clint, I was surprised to see parra were employing ex players's wives. Clear breach as far as I am concerned, even if it is after the players have retired. Nice little sweetener, sign on for $x and your wife is given a job for 5 years. At least vella's wife is no longer employed as the parra hairdresser. Seriously she used to be until Schubert stopped it.

Having said that, George's wife or gf should be given a job at manly ;0)

I have said this before but will repeat it. Gorgeous George has been great for us but if he needs to move on do be it. A tremendous asset to our club but you couldnt realistically pick him in our top seventeen with everyone fit.

His greatest legacy will be the way he returned from a horrific injury. Man if he could stomach a couple of years in the old dart he would kill it.

While I am on it if the wolfman goes I feel similarly. He has been a champ and I love the bloke but we have him covered.

Peace out bug lovers.

Ps will old field get a start for the rooters this week with the count out and rts to fullback?

I love big George, hate to see him go if he does but it wont be the end of Manly. He would be handy to keep as a reserve forward.
hasn't Oldfield kicked on this year. Not. Hope he gets some game time @ the roarters.

A mate of mine,a fellow Manly supporter said he heard George being interviewed on a radio station on the weekend,and George said,he doesnt think he,ll be here next year

Yep said on triple m offload on Sunday that he hadn't been offered and told he won't be offered a gig next year at the eagles.

Hope he gets a good English super league deal.

Top End Eagle said:
Yep said on triple m offload on Sunday that he hadn't been offered and told he won't be offered a gig next year at the eagles.

Hope he gets a good English super league deal.

Years ago Leeds wanted him

We are unable to keep Kite, so what hope of keeping George?, admittedly he would not be on the same money as Kite, but both are in their 30's now.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6