Why Join Manly??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

MK Eagle

Bencher
The success over the past 10 years should inspire most!!

Theres NO team in recent years who have transformed fringe 1st grade players to the standard of Manly. So often you here ppl comment " I didn't know he was this good" ect

There is great youth indicating years of future success.

The players seem like a family & that speaks volumes considering some of the outside issues that have been dealt with, maybe binding them tighter as shown with results on the footy field.

For those high profile player chances are they will shine even more in such a high standard team & keep there rep potential in check unlike going to Parra/Penrith & fading away.

Theres plenty more good reasons -

There's no doubt a number of reasons:

1) Obviously our success
2) We don't try and be everyone's 2nd favourite team (generally others hate us....because we are good, and bloody tough to beat)
3) Manly is a closeknit club/supporter base, often because of point 2)
4) We look within for coaches/support staff (ie Des, Tooves, Bozo)
5) Our cheerleaders are no doubt the hottest in the league!

mozgrame said:
Silvertails for a start. And they've got Bones and GE. What else do you want??

Gratuitous double like grab!!!!!

Thanks mate, right back at ya!

I guess, MK if you meant reasons for becoming a Manly fan I would add that Manly play a style of football you can be proud of.

Tough, uncompromising, and slightly old school.

When we win, we win proud. No grapple tackles, chicken wings, crushers, major salary rorting, holding front rowers in the scrum, Shepard passes etc.

It doesn't bug us, really; but roy masters 'silvertails' b/s has given rise to lots of people not liking Manly, but then they can't back up the reasons why. It's not as if western suburbs was the messiah of clubs.

Manly is an incredibly special club where tons of good work goes on behind the scenes, and the resilience to adversity should be admired.

The players should feel privileged playing for such a successful club with its positive culture. It's ridiculous that people get blinded, still, by a comment from the 1970's but then if everyone 'got' it.....who would be left to allow us to feel smug over?

Go Manly!

I dont think any other club can boast a supporter base so bonded by a club that has so much culture and inner pride. We are a small supporter base but by god we are loyal and fiercely proud of how our club conducts itself and the record it has.
It is unique to be a Manly supporter because unlike all the other clubs we are hated by everybody. That breeds a resilience in us that can't be bought, can't be copied, can't be manufactured by money or corporate enterprise. It's in the blood, it's in your soul and no one can understand it unless you are totally committed to supporting it. This club will grow on you until it becomes part of who you are. Manly supporters will always know and acknowledge another because we always know the **** we cop from those who are jealous of this wonderful club. IT'S THE VIBE.

Larissa said:
Would like to hear everyone's thoughts on why become a Member!?

Hats.

Ok, ok. Not that you care, having a bub an all!!!

I would have been a member a few years earlier if living in Brisbane didn't make you ...err slow witted. I just never thought to use this internet thingy to check memberships and the like out. (I know! dingbat.)

But why did I become a member:

1)I wanted to think in some small way I was contributing to the club with some cash.

2)I felt if I wanted to be a Manly fan, then I should become a member. I hesitate to use the phrase true supporter...lol cough, But I guess in conversations with non manly plonkers I could always add "Well I'm a member, are you of your club?" Cred points!

3)Most of the ol life path has been spent doing loner things. Business, govt spy, solo astronaut so it felt good to belong 'to a club.' for once.

4) In Brissie, it's all bronco stuff, so being a member was a way of flag waving for Manly.

5) Being a member helps me get more Manly info. Which is appreciated when one is far from home.

6) Hats.

hugs.

voicefromthehill said:
Larissa said:

It connects me to the club, it invests a bit more of me in the highs and lows, makes me feel I am contributing to the success in some small way

I agree. I feel that i am closer to the club than ever with my membership.

Best thing i did was become a member, and now i have the whole family signed up.

To me it's about getting behind such a great club. It feels like a big extended family supporting the mighty Eagles.

Larissa said:

Main reason for me is to help keep the club financially viable. The hat etc is just an added bonus. :)

THE MWTS.

No other NRL Club comes close to the friendship, organisation or togetherness as we, who are Manly fans, travel as a group in the MWTS to away games, especially Gold Coast or Brisbane.

The afterwards function, where we meet & talk to the players and the coaching staff, as well as our Administrators, is just another reason why being a Manly member is so special.

There's 15 other clubs out there who have supporters who are really jealous as what the Manly Club have to offer!

Thank you Mark & Vidmar especially andd thank you to all Travelling Supportahs!

First and foremost to support the club. I've been a Manly fan about 40 years. And as another poster said it's feels good to have a connection with the club. Also as a member I have a say.

lismore_fan said:
THE MWTS.

No other NRL Club comes close to the friendship, organisation or togetherness as we, who are Manly fans, travel as a group in the MWTS to away games, especially Gold Coast or Brisbane.

The afterwards function, where we meet & talk to the players and the coaching staff, as well as our Administrators, is just another reason why being a Manly member is so special.

There's 15 other clubs out there who have supporters who are really jealous as what the Manly Club have to offer!

Thank you Mark & Vidmar especially andd thank you to all Travelling Supportahs!
So agree with you. I became a member in 2010 and there is nothing like belonging to the Manly family. Living in Emerald there aren't many supporters here but so many friends know just what the MWTS mean to me. I am so grateful that I get to travel to home and away games and have made so many friends from Admin, players and their families and supporters. Ask my grandkids they will tell you Manly is everything to me. Proud to be a Manly fanatic and I owe it all to Mark from Brisbane..

mickqld said:
I dont think any other club can boast a supporter base so bonded by a club that has so much culture and inner pride. We are a small supporter base but by god we are loyal and fiercely proud of how our club conducts itself and the record it has.
It is unique to be a Manly supporter because unlike all the other clubs we are hated by everybody. That breeds a resilience in us that can't be bought, can't be copied, can't be manufactured by money or corporate enterprise. It's in the blood, it's in your soul and no one can understand it unless you are totally committed to supporting it. This club will grow on you until it becomes part of who you are. Manly supporters will always know and acknowledge another because we always know the s**t we cop from those who are jealous of this wonderful club. IT'S THE VIBE.

Manly has been part of me since from an early age. I've been told that since around the age of two, I sat in front of the television when Manly was playing and I kept saying "Go Many! Go Many!" I must have not been able to say Manly properly at the time.

I even remember that whenever they (Manly) were about to play, I would get a sheet of paper, wherever I could find some, and a pen and write down "Go Manly" in big letters. Then race out to the TV.

I'm also very proud of wearing my Manly jerseys. One time I wore the one that I had Steve Menzies name on the back in vinyl lettering. It says: BEAVER MENZIES. I wore it everyday non-stop for over a week. I even went to bed in it!!! It did eventually go in the wash, although I was concerned that the vinyl was going to peel off.
Whenever I go out now I occasionally get compliments when I'm wearing my Manly jerseys. It ranges from: "Go The Eagles," "Nice shirt," "You're wearing the right colours, mate." There was a new one the other day: "Awesome!" with a thumb up. I always think to myself "It's always nice to know I have fellow Manly supporters in the area.
I do occasionally get comments from people who are fans of other NRL Teams. However, I proudly display my Manly pride on the back of my car consisting of stickers, Manly number plates and Manly number plate holders. I also have a pair of Manly fluffy dice hanging from the rear-vision mirror. Not to mention Manly car seat covers.

voicefromthehill said:
It connects me to the club, it invests a bit more of me in the highs and lows, makes me feel I am contributing to the success in some small way.

Me too. Having supported my local club in 'God's own country' all my life, becoming a member makes me feel even closer. Its also about having my own seat at beloved Brookie Oval!

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6