Why no comment???

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

niccipops

un echidna spillo mia bevanda
Premium Member
I find it unsettling that Manly have not yet released a statement. Something to reassure the fans. Does anyone else think there should be communication or am I being too impatient.
I'd feel better knowing the club was communicating with fans regarding this issue. :huh::huh::huh:

They have already said they believe they complied with all the requirements. They can't really say any more until the 'audit' is completed. can they? So relax!

Its such a circus out there, with all the media, that maybe Manly have adopted a position at this point of the less said the better. Maybe.

SeaEagleRock8 said:
They have already said they believe they complied with all the requirements. They can't really say any more until the 'audit' is completed. can they? So relax!
I want a new statement quoting they were mentioned in the report but to reassure fans that all's well.

Well if you'd been better behaved I would have organised that for you. As it is, you'll just have to wait. :D

Maybe all is not well Nicci or maybe the club are doing the right thing and just letting the issue run its course. You cannot go making statements every few days after every new rumour.

I was hoping for this on the official website: To Nicci and fellow Manly supporters, we are not on drugs. Now we shall get on with the business of winning the 2013 premiership.
Too much to ask?

OFFICIAL (yes thats right, Official) Press Release

To Nicci and fellow Manly supporters, we are not on drugs. Now we shall get on with the business of winning the 2013 premiership.

Manly Official Press Release Dept

Jatz Crackers said:
OFFICIAL (yes thats right, Official) Press Release

To Nicci and fellow Manly supporters, we are not on drugs. Now we shall get on with the business of winning the 2013 premiership.

Manly Official Press Release Dept
Thank you Jatz. I now know that Manly's Official Press release Dept is nuts.

It might be taking a while because they dont know what to say - as far as they knew they had never broken any rules. Perhaps they are trying to get some info on their involvement in the ACC report, so they can then get clarification, before making a statement.

I don't yet believe the clubs have been given the information as to why they were named. Just that they have been named. Perhaps the club has requested to see the details and will not make a statement til then. I don't see the harm in admitting to being named, getting audited straight away should have been a clue we might have been one of the six. All we can say is we will investigate the claims made in the report and comply with investigations. We are confident our club has not etc etc etc.

Its all in the Legal Eagle hands now. Manly will be given a drafted response that will meet the confidentiality requirements of the ACC, and then the ASADA/NSW Police investigation may/can commence :angel:

Apparently if anyone, other than the named individual releases the names, the ACC has the right to fine and or jail them.

Lets let the due process run its course and focus on the footy:idea:

As Manly Supporters, we endured two years with Brett's false accusation case, so this is nothing in that respect.

Mornin' all.

I understand the question 'pops and where I stand is:

1) Danks said Manly did nothing wrong.
2)Hasler said we did nothing wrong.
3)Tooves said we did nothing wrong.
4)The club has said we've done nothing wrong.

I'm not sure what more anyone can say to comfort us.

Sure, the club can't guarantee some player hasn't done the wrong thing away from the club, but then again most employers aren't responsible if an employee gets a speeding ticket on their day off.

As HM and other have said, now we have to wait out the investigation. We can't expect names to be public if a) No one is guilty, and 2) Due process hasn't been completed.

I mean even on this site Jatz has been running around posting that no one post names - can't expect the club to so either.

If Mr Danks is part of the inquiry then it only stands to reason that any club he's been associated with gets a knock on the door if the investigation is going to be fair and thorough.

The reason I have not missed a wink of sleep nor had my diastolic bp reading increased is due to the 4 points above commenting on our innocence.

Also, if a Manly player has done the wrong thing, well do the crime, do the time. We all agree in another thread how it doesn't matter who we sign, we'd still all support Manly.

We have a good opportunity as fans to say at this very moment: "Lets band together, believe in our club's and players integrity, allow the club to assist in the investigation and report back when appropriate."

If we believe there is an "us versus them" mentality as Manly supporters then lets be the very best "us" we can be.

Now hold those heads up, square those shoulders, and send me a dollar!

:heart: GE

(hat is drug free)

Good comment GE. But no dollar from me :rolleyes: ps don't forget to sign up for Silvertails tipping comp!

Obviously we'd be mentioned as Dank worked for us. The club, Tooves, Steve Gigg and Donny Singe have sakis already that we are fine. So Nicci, sit back and enjoy the start of the season and let the legal department do their job!

Bloody auto correct have SAID we will be fine!!

It's just the Federal Govt & their little sub-committee of cronies who have done FA in their 12 months of investigation but have to show the public that they're right on the ball.

They will have missed the goal-posts it'll be embarrassing for them but they must show that they're right up there with their cutting-edge technology they can get the baddies. The only thing they've done successfully is use up 12 months of salary for a big group of non-performers.

Sure, there is a certainty that there is drugs in sport, always has, always will.... but for their claims? You're kidding, right?

They'll get Danks on a technicality and probably fine the clubs he's been associated with for a similar breach (technically, of course). In 12 months time, there will still be a nothing result.

My Club? If you don't want to comment, then don't!

So we were apparently mentioned in the report.

Hopefully it was something along the lines of "Dank previously worked with the Manly Sea Eagles"...

Mark from Brisbane said:
Obviously we'd be mentioned as Dank worked for us. The club, Tooves, Steve Gigg and Donny Singe have sakis already that we are fine. So Nicci, sit back and enjoy the start of the season and let the legal department do their job!

Bloody auto correct have SAID we will be fine!!

There is an edit feature Mark. Just as easy to go back and correct the error as it is to explain the mistake. I'm not trying to be smart, Just letting you know in case you were unaware. :)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6