Why the dogs

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Poola

Reserve Grader
If this loss was against Newcastle I would've grimaced, however I would've taken it on the chin.the dogs though darn it. Wow did we miss DE that much or were we just out muscled. I think it's time for the Elephant man to make an appearance. King just doesn't have it in him to lead this pack any longer.
Not gonna point fingers at anyone, however are our forwards experienced enough to take these man mountain packs on back to back? Also it is evident in Gutherson's pick that The Wolf man is totally out of favour. Sad as it is.
As I said in the start of this post losing to the Dogs hurts. It stinks
Anyway onwards and upwards for next week.
Go Manly

Wolfie is a RHS winger - so 2v wouldn't have moved Hiku to the left and disrupt both sides.

Gutho went really well and all the Dogs tactics of kicking to the left came to naught :)

Losing to anyone is unacceptable - they are all dogs :mad:

I thought it was hilarious when Starling lost that ball, and the Bulldogs were carrying on as if the hit was the reason for the drop. Starling took the hit comfortably, but landed awkwardly with the ball wedged between the tackled player. They are the biggest tools in the game those Dogs.

Las Vegas Blvd said:
Geez Hiku can play . Wherever you put him he puts in . Future NZ captain

:huh:

Let in 2 tries, one overuled by the Vidiot.
Then topped it off by a misdirected kick early in the tackle count.

Foz and Johnson will have the Kiwi captaincy for many years beyween them :cool:

Gutho, meanwhile, showed why those of us, who watched him in NYC and NSW Cup, see him in FG ahead of Jorge and Hiku :angel:

Snake said:
thought it was hilarious when Starling lost that ball,
I can't even recall the last time he's lost the ball. He's no-frills but makes very few errors.

Poola said:
King just doesn't have it in him to lead this pack any longer.
Not gonna point fingers at anyone,
Well I'm glad you didn't point the finger at anyone, lol

The kick was on with only a few minutes left on the clock. Looked very close to a dogs hand as well.

Hiku also got a shoulder injury in the first 10 minutes so played the rest of the game with only 1 arm.

Not sure how Hiku let in Kasiano - a prop who out ran all the players inside Hiku. Surely it is the job of Lyon, Buhrer etc inside to stop a prop?

Could it be your love for Wolfie if blinding your view on Hiku?

Fluffy said:
Could it be your love for Wolfie if blinding your view on Hiku?

Now that you mention it I couldn't help thinking last night if Wolfie had kicked that ball at the end instead of Hiku, would it have ended up over the touchline like it did? I may have my Wolfie-admirer-glasses :heart: on but me thinks his kicked ball more than likely would've been caught by Foz and try scored.

Wolfie would have kicked it infield with Kasiano tackling him - like he did for Sid's try in 2012 with Manu wrapped around him; or like in that last minute Parra win at Brookie in 2011, when he kicked infield for Foz to score under the posts :D

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ty0CqmjdA

Thanks for for reminding me of the Little Hairy Hobbit, Fluffy - he is so forgetable otherwise :heart:

I liked what I saw of Gutho too.

All that experience in junior rep squads makes him seem far more secure and seasoned in top company, than he really is. A star of our future.

As for the Kingdog; he seemed busted last night and sadly ineffective.
I just hope he can get ok enough to make an impact when we need him in the coming weeks. (It is looking like this should be his last year though).

Whether Luauki or Sao etc. might be worth a go, Tooves and co. can make that call, and I'm confident they'll get the equation right.

Agree though...Losing like that to the Dogs hurts a bit more.

Wouldn't have minded seeing Guth at fullback, Wolf on the wing, Snake at 5/8th last fri night. We needed to match their changes with something unexpected. JLJ was pretty ineffective and Foz was lost trying to run the show.

Snake said:
I thought it was hilarious when Starling lost that ball, and the Bulldogs were carrying on as if the hit was the reason for the drop. Starling took the hit comfortably, but landed awkwardly with the ball wedged between the tackled player. They are the biggest tools in the game those Dogs.

Can someone explain to me what actually happened there that warranted a scrum. Starling gets tackled hits the ground and the ball is forced out BACKWARDS, we pick it up ......isn't that play on ?? When did RL become touch football ? Annoys the hell out of me the way the selectively decide what is a knock on and what isn't. Direction of travel is no longer a criteria.

Chip and Chase said:
Snake said:

Can someone explain to me what actually happened there that warranted a scrum. Starling gets tackled hits the ground and the ball is forced out BACKWARDS, we pick it up ......isn't that play on ?? When did RL become touch football ? Annoys the hell out of me the way the selectively decide what is a knock on and what isn't. Direction of travel is no longer a criteria.

Was that the tackle or should I say the double shoulder charge by Tim Brown (left shoulder) and James Graham (right shoulder) on Josh Starling at the 17:29 minute mark where the ball came out, went backwards, Foz picked it up and had it knocked out of his hands by Tim Brown but picked up again by Foz who then took off with it but was called back for a knock on?

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2