• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bazeagle

Bencher
Why the current major media obsession with Parra? Having said that, it is going to be great to see how Stuart goes. Interesting to note that the media ignores the facts:
he didn't get an origin win, plus he was flicked from easts and the sharks. Will he turn Parra around? Hmmm.

For a second rate team they get an awful lot of media exposure. Just look at the amount of free to air games they get each year. Seem to be an awful lot of Parramatta tragics in the communication industry.

I can't understand the obsession with him. Yes the Roosters won a premiership in his first year, but that was due to all the good work that Gus had done with them to build them to that point. Following that they dropped down the ladder under his coaching. Then he went to the Sharks and he took a regular finals team to the bottom of the ladder. Year after he leaves they're back in the finals again. And don't get me going re State of Origin. As a blues supporter living on teh Sunshine Coast I have had to put up with all the crap from Qlders about so many in a row.
What is the attraction from NRL clubs with this guy?

Current Baz? It's been going on for 30 years.

Remember all the crap about when Parra is going good so is the game which started in the 80's.

Baz, your facts are not correct, he does have an Origin win

Also for Beardie, he actually coached the Sharks to their best performing season since 1999, when in 2008 they were tied on comp points with us and Melbourne before losing to the cheats in the Prelim

beardie said:
I can't understand the obsession with him. Yes the Roosters won a premiership in his first year, but that was due to all the good work that Gus had done with them to build them to that point. Following that they dropped down the ladder under his coaching. Then he went to the Sharks and he took a regular finals team to the bottom of the ladder. Year after he leaves they're back in the finals again. And don't get me going re State of Origin. As a blues supporter living on teh Sunshine Coast I have had to put up with all the crap from Qlders about so many in a row.
What is the attraction from NRL clubs with this guy?

That's one of the most incorrect statements posted on here, as Kiwi has already pointed out. I guess if you don't rate a guy, you can just make stories.

It is the off season

What ever they can do to fill the pages before the cricket season starts

Would you rather they report on Jorge?

lsz said:
It is the off season

What ever they can do to fill the pages before the cricket season starts

Would you rather they report on Jorge?

This seems to be true. There are a lot of one trick ponies at these papers that cant write any thing other than league.
(Whats for breakfast mum) Ritchie and (there is nothing left in that bottle) Throthfield.
Look at how they are attacking Grant at the RLC. He cant seem to do anything right.
All the new money from the T V deal, a new 5 year plan and 7 mil a year to keep the clubs going in the comp.
Got rid of Gallop and News limited. They are going OK for me.

Kiwi Eagle said:

Also for Beardie, he actually coached the Sharks to their best performing season since 1999, when in 2008 they were tied on comp points with us and Melbourne before losing to the cheats in the Prelim

Not a series win bud.

bazeagle said:
Kiwi Eagle said:

Not a series win bud.

He was the last NSW coach to win a series

Don't forget his coaching efforts of the Australian team in the World Cup. He had all the "Best players in the World" and still he managed a loss to the Kiwis.

I think it's perhaps he's a 'passionate' coach. They say that the players love to play for him. If you ever find a first Grade coach that's NOT passionate about his team, then it's time to give him the flick!

Parra and Tricky... a great match!
They're both losers.

Who played for NSW then. Look at the roster. I would have coached them to a win. Stuart is a person who spreads discontent throughout a team. He is a divisive figure who walks away when the going gets tough and always blames others for his failures.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2