Will 2015 have added attacking flair??

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

maxta

First Grader
Premium Member
With the addition of quality offloaders in Mateo & Mason, will 2015 offer more attacking options for the Seaeagles??
There definately should be more time & space for DCE & Foz on the back of extra grunt & 2nd phase play, paving the way for Stewart,Lyon & Matai to get some quality ball.
Pretty excited about some unpredictable new attacking options & already counting down for the new season to start.....

I wouldn't call Mason a big offloader. To be honest I just want him to run straight and hard and defend with aggression. Mateo can have a bit more of a licence to offload but his best footy has been when he has been selective and really looked at making the yards first as a priority. They both do those things well and they will be pieces in a premiership puzzle.

To me Mateo adds something we have lacked in recent seasons, and that's a good offloader. This is by no means a criticism, we just haven't really had the person to do it, or the BK style of poking head through the line, get the arm free and make a pass.

Mateo's offload could add a whole new dimension of 2nd phase play to our team. Killer, Snake and Buhrer could be the big recipients here. Buhrer has a wonderful ability to find a bit of space around the ruck.

Masked Eagle said:
I wouldn't call Mason a big offloader. To be honest I just want him to run straight and hard and defend with aggression. Mateo can have a bit more of a licence to offload but his best footy has been when he has been selective and really looked at making the yards first as a priority. They both do those things well and they will be pieces in a premiership puzzle.

Agreed. Mason has an offload, but I'd like to see him use it when the pack has done the dirty work and got us on the front foot, not as a get-out-of-jail option when we're struggling for metres. He knows the lines to run to best exploit his size, so lets hope he and Ballin gel and create a little mayhem for the likes of Buhrer and Mateo to run havoc!!!

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4