Will Brett Stewart........

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will Brett Stewart

• Total voters
No Brett Stewart will not put my cards on the table

Money is one thing becoming a club legend is another, he leaves he earns $400k more, he stays and he'll be talked about in 20 or 30 years with the same reverence as Wombat Eadie. I know what I'd do but that's me.

50 50 for stewert his age and injury problems make it hard for any club to put big money on him. Foran im worried about i think hes a gonner.

I'm not sure I believe that Mark would give up $1.2m when your career is so short......

he'll do what's best for him, which is what i'm sure 99.99% of honest people on here would say too.

Disagree on the 99,99% - assuming you are saying $$$ is the measure of "what is best". it really comes down to what he puts most value on, loyalty, family, experience, learning, family etc etc. But knowing kids these days he will go

• 👍
Reactions: Dan
He is from that area, i assume his family is still there and don't forget the court case would have cost him alot of money too, not in the financial position he would have been before it.

If he was going to England for that type of money i don't think anybody would have a problem with it.

Mark from Brisbane said:
Money is one thing becoming a club legend is another, he leaves he earns $400k more, he stays and he'll be talked about in 20 or 30 years with the same reverence as Wombat Eadie. I know what I'd do but that's me.

One thing you'll find, is our demographic look after their loyal sons. Look at Beaver - he'll always have a career post footy on The Beaches. Even Hoppa Snr. was given fringe benefits, and he brought an air of trouble to the brand (and I know he went to The Tigers for a while).

If Brett goes, he'll spend a few years (maybe successful) down in Woollongong, retire, and be just another retired football player with no real affiliation to anyone, probably hopping from bar to bar.

His Choice. I just hope the extra $100k (taxed) per season compensate for what may be potentially a nice nest egg here on the beaches.

Frankly, these "aired" contract negotiations ruin the enjoyment of the game. I don't care WHAT comments come my way - if Brett, or any player think the grass is greener - **** off - but just do it quietly, so we can continue to enjoy the footy without you.

If you believe Buzz's Top 50 players, we have 7 players and the next closest team has 5 (Warriors, Broncos and Cowboys) and then look at the smh list we are also at the top with 5, along with the Warriors.

With that much talent in one team, it's always going to be difficult to keep everyone under the salary cap.

The Storm only have 3 in each list but all three are in the top 10 of both.

If I was his manager, I would be asking for a four year contract as well (min 3) as he could collapse at any time with his injury record but then again, given the fabulous rehab at Manly, he may do a Lockyer.

If he can get $600k a year, good luck to him but there's no way, with so much talent, that Manly could possibly fit him under the cap and keep DCE and Foran.

Melbourne survived after Inglis, Blair, King, Hoffman, Johnson, Kaufusi, Turner, Chambers, White, Finch and co. left.

Comes down to culture and recruitment/grooming.

Really up to Toovey, and his staff to keep the ball rolling. Seriously Brett, if you want to go, go. Grass isn't always greener. Just let us move on without dragging it all out in the media.

You OWE the club that !

Mark from Brisbane said:

the difference over the rest of career is far more than $400k.

you also have to remember how much the court costs were that he incurred. I have heard it was over $250k

Im not sure why some people have such a judgemental opinion at this point.

All that has happened is that Snakes manager has publicly admitted that he has approached the Eagles & made the offer to negotiate and been upfront by placing a figure on the table to kick things off.

The fact Manly will have trouble meeting that figure and what transpires with the rest of the negotiation is hardly Brett Stewarts fault or anyones for that matter.

This is a great deal different to the Des Hasler negotiation !

Jatz Crackers said:
Im not sure why some people have such a judgemental opinion at this point.

All that has happened is that Snakes manager has publicly admitted that he has approached the Eagles & made the offer to negotiate and been upfront by placing a figure on the table to kick things off.

The fact Manly will have trouble meeting that figure and what transpires with the rest of the negotiation is hardly Brett Stewarts fault or anyones for that matter.

This is a great deal different to the Des Hasler negotiation !

The Count (Anthony Minnichello)
Thats why we expect his loyalties

/thread

Brett OWES the club nothing. I believe his manager is simply trying to get Manly to make the highest off they can. Once that's done I believe he will stay. However, if he does go he will still be a club legend in my eyes.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6