Will Manly's playing style change

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

hoax1210au

Reserve Grader
With the new coaching staff I was wondering if Manly's playing style be any different than with Des. Especially now that Cliffy is on board.

Nup, the same. Just bash 'em then run through 'em. Every now and then run around them!

King.Kite,Galuvao,Rose,Mauro,TRex will bash it up for a couple of sets. DCE,Foran,Choc,Buhrer will run it wide. Lyon,Gift will create indecision in defenses. Wolf,Snake,Oldfield,Matai will score the tries. No reason why anything will change this is an outstanding group of players the best of the 2000's. They belong in the same class as the core Broncos of the 90's, Parra in the 80's,Manly in the 70's, Souths and Saints in the 60's. This is the best team of the decade.

This year will be similar to the 08 and 11 seasons it usually takes a season for a coach to put his own spin on things.
So with Dessie going Manly will be a vastly different monster in 2013

SeaEagleRock8 said:
Which decade? lol

For mind the Roosters were the best in the 2000s (2000 - 2009).
If we can go back to back we may be the best of this decade (2010 - 2019)

eagles2win said:
For mind the Roosters were the best in the 2000s (2000 - 2009).
If we can go back to back we may be the best of this decade (2010 - 2019)

Without starting squabbles, but don't decades stat at 1 eg 2011?
I thought the 0 year is the completion of the decade as in 2010.

The Roosters phewwy. You are kidding this group of players **** all over the Rorters.This is the best team of the last decade no doubt. The Stewarts,Lyon,Matai,Robertson,Wolf,Choc,King,Kite,Ballin,Rose. Name a better lineup that has consistently performed over a period of 7 years or more. Roosters !!!!! **** off.

+ I think with some additional playing time together, DCE, Foran and B Stewart may have some additional chemistry, so we may see some 2008 type chemistry amongst the group we didn't see "as much" of this past season.

+ We will be completely different out wide. I think we will either go with Wolfman/Farrar, or Wolfman/Oldfield. All three wingers are far more explosive off the mark than Hopoate/Robertson, but at the same time, I think Hopoate/Robertson had more natural skill than our current three, so that should be different as well.

This may not be a bad thing. Why? Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai is why. Both these centers have enough talent and skill to have both DSM5, and I outside of them, and we'd look good. Explosive speed would enhance our centers in my opinion.

+ I personally think we have one of the most explosive forwards in the game chomping at the bit to play in Lussick. Add him, to Tony Williams (who seems to be getting better by the game), George Rose, Joe Galuvao & our other guys, there's no reason why we can't say that we'll be even better going forward than we did last year (remember Jason King was injured for the back end).

+ I think Buhrer will play a HUGE part in any success we have. I personally believe he can be as good as Glenn Stewart (and I know that's saying a lot). In fact, I think Buhrer is in fact more diverse than Stewart. Buhrer could probably play every position apart from 1/2 back, prop and fullback. His experience gained last season will hold him in very good stead.

+ I think some guys like Lussick, Rose, Buhrer, Williams and a few others will get rep footy experience, and they will come back to the team even BETTER players than they are now.

+ If this is possible, I think we have MORE depth than we had last year (especially in the forwards). We have so many depth guys busting their arses to get into this team, so I believe that if we have any loafers, or guys who are bad apples (examples would be threats to leave etc which would destabilise the group), then we have the capacity to cut them loose, and move on - which I personally think the current group KNOW, so we won't see as many defections as first thought.

+ For mine, it all comes down to coaching, and the players buying into Toovey's systems. To think our assistant coach has such vast experience, and the fact that Toovey has brought in what I would claim to be an artist when it comes to the 5/8 position, shows that he is dead serious about success.

Honestly, I think the biggest system change will come off the park. I think Perry is about business, business, business (he's not there to win friends), and in my opinion, that only will reap rewards for our team in the long run.

My best team is:-

01. Brett Stewart
02. Ben Farrar
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Darcy Lussick
16. George Rose
17. Joe Galuvao

18. Vic Mauro
19. Tim Robinson
20. Daniel Harrison
21. Michael Oldfield
22. Dean Whare
23. James Cunningham
24. Liam Foran
25. Junior Palau

Is this the best 25 man squad in the NRL? I personally think so. Additionally, can I ask that y'all have a look at the official website - all the player profiles have been updated. You will see on that list a few names I have left out of the top 25, which enhances my theory about the best NRL squad today:-

http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=profile-player

Now, 2012 is not going to be easy. It's going to come down to dedication (which we need proof of), chemistry (which this team has in bucketloads), luck (which we have previously both had, and played around) and an absolute ****-load of work.

I hope theres a lot of buy-in, in Toovey's leadership. That, in my opinion, will be the difference in us going back to back, or not. We have the squad on paper to destroy most (no), ALL teams.

Ryan said:
+ I think with some additional playing time together, DCE, Foran and B Stewart may have some additional chemistry, so we may see some 2008 type chemistry amongst the group we didn't see "as much" of this past season.

+ We will be completely different out wide. I think we will either go with Wolfman/Farrar, or Wolfman/Oldfield. All three wingers are far more explosive off the mark than Hopoate/Robertson, but at the same time, I think Hopoate/Robertson had more natural skill than our current three, so that should be different as well.

This may not be a bad thing. Why? Jamie Lyon and Steve Matai is why. Both these centers have enough talent and skill to have both DSM5, and I outside of them, and we'd look good. Explosive speed would enhance our centers in my opinion.

+ I personally think we have one of the most explosive forwards in the game chomping at the bit to play in Lussick. Add him, to Tony Williams (who seems to be getting better by the game), George Rose, Joe Galuvao & our other guys, there's no reason why we can't say that we'll be even better going forward than we did last year (remember Jason King was injured for the back end).

+ I think Buhrer will play a HUGE part in any success we have. I personally believe he can be as good as Glenn Stewart (and I know that's saying a lot). In fact, I think Buhrer is in fact more diverse than Stewart. Buhrer could probably play every position apart from 1/2 back, prop and fullback. His experience gained last season will hold him in very good stead.

+ I think some guys like Lussick, Rose, Buhrer, Williams and a few others will get rep footy experience, and they will come back to the team even BETTER players than they are now.

+ If this is possible, I think we have MORE depth than we had last year (especially in the forwards). We have so many depth guys busting their arses to get into this team, so I believe that if we have any loafers, or guys who are bad apples (examples would be threats to leave etc which would destabilise the group), then we have the capacity to cut them loose, and move on - which I personally think the current group KNOW, so we won't see as many defections as first thought.

+ For mine, it all comes down to coaching, and the players buying into Toovey's systems. To think our assistant coach has such vast experience, and the fact that Toovey has brought in what I would claim to be an artist when it comes to the 5/8 position, shows that he is dead serious about success.

Honestly, I think the biggest system change will come off the park. I think Perry is about business, business, business (he's not there to win friends), and in my opinion, that only will reap rewards for our team in the long run.

01. Brett Stewart
02. Ben Farrar
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Darcy Lussick
16. George Rose
17. Joe Galuvao

18. Vic Mauro
19. Tim Robinson
20. Daniel Harrison
21. Michael Oldfield
22. Dean Whare
23. James Cunningham
24. Liam Foran
25. Junior Palau

Is this the best 25 man squad in the NRL? I personally think so. Additionally, can I ask that y'all have a look at the official website - all the player profiles have been updated. You will see on that list a few names I have left out of the top 25, which enhances my theory about the best NRL squad today:-

Now, 2012 is not going to be easy. It's going to come down to dedication (which we need proof of), chemistry (which this team has in bucketloads), luck (which we have previously both had, and played around) and an absolute s**t-load of work.

I hope theres a lot of buy-in, in Toovey's leadership. That, in my opinion, will be the difference in us going back to back, or not. We have the squad on paper to destroy most (no), ALL teams.

Excellent summation Ryan ans as always you included a YART.

Ryan I see from that link a couple of interesting types I hadn't heard of in our NRL squad this year, Skinner & Taufua. The production line moves ever onward, I can smell another successful year brewing under ambitious new coach Toovey...

With Robbo & Hoppa gone in 2012 I reckon Taufua (ex Parra junior BTW) could be a smokey this year for a fair bit of NRL time especially if injuries strike to our outside men.

Did anyone watch much of Liam Foran and Riccardi in 2011 ? I would have thought maybe Riccardi would get in ahead of Liam but I get the feeling they are keeping Liam on to keep brother Kieron happy.

Mick - if it helps keeps Foran at Brookie they can sign up his mother and his next door neighbour for all I care.

The Wheel said:
Ryan said:

01. Brett Stewart
02. Ben Farrar
03. Steve Matai
04. Jamie Lyon (c)
05. David Williams
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Jason King
09. Matt Ballin
10. Brent Kite
11. Anthony Watmough
12. Tony Williams
13. Glenn Stewart

14. Jamie Buhrer
15. Darcy Lussick
16. George Rose
17. Joe Galuvao

18. Vic Mauro
19. Tim Robinson
20. Daniel Harrison
21. Michael Oldfield
22. Dean Whare
23. James Cunningham
24. Liam Foran
25. Junior Palau

Now, 2012 is not going to be easy. It's going to come down to dedication (which we need proof of), chemistry (which this team has in bucketloads), luck (which we have previously both had, and played around) and an absolute s**t-load of work.

Excellent summation Ryan ans as always you included a YART.

Very well written Ryan, and to you bulldog trolls, read it and weep.

Defensively should be very similar as Toovey like Hasler were both physical tacklers though Des had a tendency to leap or jump at players where Tooves was textbook with aggressive driving tackles almost perfectly executed. Though there is loads of attacking potency I will be highly suprised if Tooves doesn't continue to prioritise urgency in defence. The gifted young halves who will improve another 10% in 2012, will steer an attacking juggernaut that thrives off the strong defence that wears the opposition down. The attack imo will look more flamboyant in patches due to the players now having a better understanding & when defence strangles opposition Seaeagles style, there is always far more kinks & stragglers in the opposition defensive line.

mickqld said:
Did anyone watch much of Liam Foran and Riccardi in 2011 ? I would have thought maybe Riccardi would get in ahead of Liam but I get the feeling they are keeping Liam on to keep brother Kieron happy.
Yeah Mick, Riccardi is way ahead of Liam IMO.

Moondog said:
mickqld said:
Yeah Mick, Riccardi is way ahead of Liam IMO.

What is Riccardi's best postion? and what is his prefered one?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6