Will NRL Heads Roll Over Storm Betting Scam

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Cant wait to see who at the NRL leaked the info and instigated the big bets on the Storm losing all their points and getting the spoon last year.

John Elias is right to squeal about this, the NRL have been whinging about the Dogs/Cowboys game but have said nothing about the massive bets on the Storm to get the spoon. Payouts over $200,00 involved. WHo seriously would of backed  them to get the spoon without inside knowledge.

That main facts to me are

1. The punters done their money on the Dogs game when the tap was taken.

2. The punters collected huge amounts when the Storm where stripped of their points

The fleas at the NRL make Elias, Tandy etc look like gentlemen.

Who is to say it was from the NRL?
Could have been one of the independent auditors, one of their friends, wikileaks who knows

As you said who would of backed the purple pricks to get the spoon without inside knowledge.

It stinks and surely the payouts to any punter should have been withheld until it was looked into.

agree Bob, The fact the NRL has sat on this report, regardless of who the leak is

The horse has bolted as far as strong leadership is concerned with this issue

And funnily the TAB never complained as they would have paid out more on other spoon candidates

Dan link said:
Who is to say it was from the NRL?
Could have been one of the independent auditors, one of their friends, wikileaks who knows

Well who else would of known about it, the kids from the local primary school or the ladies in the tuck shop???

Murrihy said  "privileged information was leaked and used for betting purposes" by punters who had prior knowledge of the Storm salary cap scandal".

bob dylan link said:
Cant wait to see who at the NRL leaked the info and instigated the big bets on the Storm losing all their points and getting the spoon last year.

John Elias is right to squeal about this, the NRL have been whinging about the Dogs/Cowboys game but have said nothing about the massive bets on the Storm to get the spoon. Payouts over $200,00 involved. WHo seriously would of backed  them to get the spoon without inside knowledge.

2. The punters collected huge amounts when the Storm where stripped of their points

The reason all this didn't come out was because they couldn't find anyone from Manly involved to hang **** on. NRL - Bunch of ****wits.

mickqld link said:
[quote author=bob dylan link=topic=186904.msg323952#msg323952 date=1300323914]

John Elias is right to squeal about this, the NRL have been whinging about the Dogs/Cowboys game but have said nothing about the massive bets on the Storm to get the spoon. Payouts over $200,00 involved. WHo seriously would of backed  them to get the spoon without inside knowledge.

The reason all this didn't come out was because they couldn't find anyone from Manly involved to hang s**t on. NRL - Bunch of f**kwits.
[/quote]

I feel sorry for Frank then

tookey link said:
As you said who would of backed the purple pricks to get the spoon without inside knowledge.

It stinks and surely the payouts to any punter should have been withheld until it was looked into.

There's nothing at all illegal about betting with inside knowledge. I agree it stinks but for it to be like the Cowboys-Dogs game they would have had to have rorted the salary cap so they could get the wooden spoon, or stripped them of their points so they could win a bet.

I hope it comes out that a relative of David Gallop placed a bet on the Storm to get the spoon.

I think it is unlikely that it would have happened, but wouldn't it make a nice headline?

The thing is that the NRL sat on the report for so long.  Very fishy.  Gallopese would have had to know about that and agreed with it being sat on. 

More importantly what ever happened to the threat of criminal charges against the Melbourne executives, and Brian Waldron in particular, for their roles in the salary cap rorting. Seems to have been conveniently forgotten....or swept under the carpet by a complicit News Ltd and NRL. 

Cletus link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186904.msg323955#msg323955 date=1300324431]

There's nothing at all illegal about betting with inside knowledge. I agree it stinks but for it to be like the Cowboys-Dogs game they would have had to have rorted the salary cap so they could get the wooden spoon, or stripped them of their points so they could win a bet.
[/quote]

Spot on. The two incidents are completely different. One was a conspiracy from beginning to failed end. The other an example of opportunism.

Honestly I am hoping that it is the melbourne storm players who did it... wouldn't that be beautiful. Smith, Slater and co stood down for betting on this. Ha.

Cletus link said:
[quote author=tookey link=topic=186904.msg323955#msg323955 date=1300324431]

[/quote]

There is inside knowledge as you say and there are laws pertaining to fraud.

Ian Schubert has been known to shoot his mouth off. He leaked details of the Inglis deal with souffs.

Rusty link said:
Honestly I am hoping that it is the melbourne storm players who did it... wouldn't that be beautiful. Smith, Slater and co stood down for betting on this. Ha.

No they wouldn't be stood down, they'd be allowes to play until the judicial process took it's course, and then find a loop hole to still be allowed to play afterwards.

Ralphie link said:
I'm just dirty I wasn't in on it............only kidding...........I think

Its probably worth putting a lazy $100 on each grandfinalist each year to win the spoon.  That would have been good value with the dogs and Melbourne over the past few years.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7