Will the latest finding's cost Cam Smith Rep Captaincy?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

eagles2win

Bencher
I know not Manly related but was interested in discussing with you guy's. Being that he is next in line to captain Australia . I'm thinking it will

Surely not. Only if he is found guilty of any misconduct. otherwise he is still a damn fine hooker and deserves the spot

Not unless there's definitive proof that he knew what was going on. The Australian team seems to tight nit to judge a bloke on the grounds he might have been a willing factor in it all.

Don't you know Ant..."the players are noit guilty of anything" (and that's what the News Ltd guys said and as we know we beleive everything News Ltd says)...and so the Golden Haired Boy WILL be the next Captain

It isn't that the players are not guilty it is more they cannot say they are because none of them agreed to be interviewed.  If the tax office get involved then that would be a whole different story.  However if they are all innocent and have nothing to hide, why would they have a problem being interviewed.  smith is a scumbag and deserves to be sacked as rep captain.

Correct Kate, which is why I have the inverted coma's.

Clearly they are "not guilty"....but only because they, and their managers, refused to be interviewed.

Unless this is taken to the Police (and I can't see why from a players perspective) all that will happen is they'll be made to pay a heap more tax in 2011.

And remain "guilt free"

Surely if the players knew what was going on, knew that it was wrong and were happy to go along with it then they're guilty of fraud too.

I can see this causing problem's for the Australian team though. Australian teammate's taking pot shot's at each other about being cheats. It has happened before in rep team's New Zealand when they played Great Britain (not England) had internal problems and it reflected with their performances (Great Britain won 3-Nil)

Mark from Brisbane link said:
Correct Kate, which is why I have the inverted coma's.

Clearly they are \"not guilty\"....but only because they, and their managers, refused to be interviewed.

Unless this is taken to the Police (and I can't see why from a players perspective) all that will happen is they'll be made to pay a heap more tax in 2011.

And remain \"guilt free\"

Hartigan said they are referring the findings to the police.

So we will have to see what transpires from there.

Mark from Brisbane link said:

If they have under-declared their income then it can become a criminal matter. The ATO can fine them or refer it to the DPP for charges.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6