Will Toovey Survive Past Bye Week?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Will Toovey Survive Past Bye Week (Round 10)

• Yes

Votes: 14 63.6%
  • No

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • I don't know

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't care

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Well if losing the majority of those games means he will be sacked then he is as good as out the door.

The team came second on the ladder last year (equal first in wins); it can't be his fault entirely. However, I think we need a circuit-breaker. Something to start fresh and put the ugliness of the past behind us. Sadly, Tooves was caught up in Giftygate. His days are numbered unless we start winning.

I think he will, but only because there is nobody else to take over. If things don't change after the origin series he will be gone regardless.

Needs a better game plan than that. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and I have seen nothing gained lately.

I think Toovey will voluntarily step down. Loves Manly. He will sacrifice himself to provide the circuit breaker.

Pressure builds

The story about Geoff Toovey being on borrowed time is not a new one. And the more media time it gets, the more the pressure mounts and the bigger chance it is of happening. The way this column hears things, the reason there is a set against Toovey is because he didn't stand up to the old management to insist they signed Glenn Stewart. And that is seen as the moment that the entire Manly team crumbled.

If Toovey is responsible for recruitment then he has something to answer for. Toovey can't be targeted on results over the past couple of years. He is not silly, he knows he has a target on his back. If that wasn't clear to him, the fact that he he was blindsided by a newspaper article on Friday has made it very obvious.

Above everything, Toovey deserves to be treated with respect by the Manly club – even if he is shown the door before his contact ends at the end of next year. There have been plenty of brave players for the Eagles – but none braver than their coach.

What did I read about Toovey as a coach. A player said his style of coaching was 'Run hard, make a break, score a try'.

I can understand why some players have left and are leaving. Toovey is a club legend and will always be one our favourite players, but as a 'teacher' he's probably got a lot to learn as he finds himself lumped with the 'smart class'.

We really do need a new coach, to move to the next phase. A tough task master who will make everyone lean, hungry and play better than they ever have.

Unfortunately Tooves can't help the fact that 7 first grade players are currently out injured. Take players like Killer and Snake out of any team and it will suffer.

Sorry but I defy any team to lose 7 of their regular players (granted in this case one is a rookie) and still be on top. Even the Kangaroos couldn't overcome the loss of a number of regulars in last years Four Nations. And Australia is normally said to have 2 or 3 teams that could carry the flag.

If we lose Tooves, there will be a revolt.
We'll be left with no players wanting to play and morale will be zero.
-

Reality is whatever is happening isn't working and the buck stops with the coach. Toovey will be sacked and if we want to avoid the spoon they better do it now.

What did I read about Toovey as a coach. A player said his style of coaching was 'Run hard, make a break, score a try'.

I can understand why some players have left and are leaving. Toovey is a club legend and will always be one our favourite players, but as a 'teacher' he's probably got a lot to learn as he finds himself lumped with the 'smart class'.

We really do need a new coach, to move to the next phase. A tough task master who will make everyone lean, hungry and play better than they ever have.
Hey Brad haven't you got problems of your own? On ya bike.

Something has to happen. If everyone keeps there head in the sand it's wooden spoon time.
It's sack Toovey now or sack the halves.
No player or coach is bigger than our club. Something has to happen NOW!!
If u sack Toovs you may get the players to buy into the new coaches methods.
Sack the halfs you get rid of the cancer that has spread through out the team.
I have no idea which one will work but something has to be done now!!!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2