William Hopoate

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Kiwi Eagle

Staff member
Am writing this at ht, but what a debut he is having !!!

Seems to have that special elusive quality with the ball in hand, and is well worth the investment we have put into him

Also looks to be some blokes with talent in this side 2, the big Island winger has gone good, the prop forward in the 10 going pretty well too, Edwards looks to have something about him, Hargreaves has been strong off the bench and i am also a Tapaatoutai fan. Good strong individual effort from the centre to score as well

Hopefully they can close this game off, something they have struggled with this season

Yeah it is BE.

Young Hoppa needs a big off-season in the gym - time to bulk a bit!

Agree with Kiwi, impressive debut!

Yeah all the early sat matches are on Fox BE, so we will be on again v Penrith in a couple of weeks

Sadly the late game collapse may be appearing agian, although the winger has just made another very strong run, Hoppa nearly scored as well.

22-16 up with 20 to go

only saw the second half but impressions are that hoppa is worth every cent.

made multiple busts putting foran in for his second as well and being solid in defence.

Remembering he has jsut turned 16 he will most likely crack it at 18

Only saw the second half but he was bloody exciting to watch. Massive, massive talent.

Scored a try, made great runs, set up another and absolutely looked like he was in the right grade despite being 3 or 4 years younger than the majority of blokes on the field.

Missed a tackle pretty badly near then end when he was playing fullback, but that was my only criticism of his game.

Tiopira (the #10, Kiwi) is my new favourite junior player. He carves up.

Good win to the youngsters. They are a competitive little bunch.

I've watched masses of QLD Cup over the years, and no-one, and I mean no-one that age apart from Greg Inglis has caught my eye so dramatically.

Inglis, SBW, and co. played 1st grade when they were 17., I reckon in  year or two (probably 19 or so), this kid could be playing 1st grade.....and maybe a 5/8 in the Inglis type mould.

guys, this is a 16yr old harold matts player, still in year 11, coming in at the end of a u20's season and dominating!!! this kid all along has been special, I was at the ground, he looked a class above most under 20's!!!

this year at penrith when i watched matts and ball (big floggings) he was our only kid that took on the panthers talent, I did hear they will look at making him a centre/5/8, probably not bad as brett stewie is signed long term, i can see hoppa in nrl squad in 2010, he will have 1 year in toyota cup

cannot see manly holding him back, didnt stop israel, hayne etc

I reckon he will play a couple of games off the bench in FG next year he is that good. 

Will be a regular Fg in 2010 after two offseasons on the weights. 

On 2ky this morning Zorba said that he received 15 out of 17 votes from his team mates for players player award!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2