• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I know some of the plankton on here will cream themselves to disagree, but he has probably been the most improved player at Manly this year. Reminds me a lot of a young Steve Matai or Albert Torrens (different type of player) but coming along nicely in attack and defence.
I am glad he is doing well, so he can stick it right up the baggers, and watch them jump on board to say how they knew he would come good :nod::nod::nod::shake::shake::shake:@:smirk:@:smirk:@:smirk:

I might of been one of his baggers last year but at least I know how to spell his name correctly.
I do agree he's improved a lot this season. He had real issues holding on to the ball but seems to have developed pretty safe hands this season.

• 😆
Reactions: Rex
I might of been one of his baggers last year but at least I know how to spell his name correctly.
I do agree he's improved a lot this season. He had real issues holding on to the ball but seems to have developed pretty safe hands this season.
Fantastic, you can spell his name :party: Sorry, a big fail by me

He's been re-signed so it's up to him to grab his opportunities.
Can't speak for others but I think most of us here would love for him to turn out to be as good as Matai.

Yes didn't Skivvi play reggies until 22 or 23?
I just looked it up and it said he played 11 matches in his debut year and he was 21, so I'd say you're pretty spot on.

I've been more impressed with Wright in terms of improvement but sure if Williame can bulk up a bit, develop some speed, some ball skills, football smarts etc etc he might turn ok. He does seem to enjoy playing.
NYEagle

When Matai came into the top grade, he was green as...but very energetic and never say die. Once he bulked up a bit,,,,well the rest is history. Wiliame is different, he is learning quickly how to go about positional play in attack and defence. Therefore his reading of the game has improved enormously. That is what makes a first grader...we already know he can tackle and run fast....am I going too fast for some of you :rofl:

406458-darrell-williams.jpg

e4ed7f86c2b96d380e8d4acfd7ce527a

They also lookalike.

Yes Wiliame has improved, of that I have no doubt. But is he going to be a long term centre or winger for Manly? For mine the jury is still out on that one.

The question that keeps being asked is would he have a spot in a full strength team?

He won't turn into a superstar, but he can be a solid winger like Robbo or Craig Hancock were.

I saw Matai in his early days and he was a good example of how hard it can be to judge someones potential. I had no idea he would be such a terror in defence and be so dangerous in attack. I thought mid career that he would need to move into the forwards due to declining pace, then he started to get quicker! Can anyone recall a player being compared to someone else and then living up to that comparison? We are overdue for a player to emerge and become a champion could it be Wiliame?

No doubt he has improved. His defence was pretty solid against the Dogs. I don't think he has the pace and that is because he got easily run down by Danny Wicks who granted is a pretty fast front rower, but still. I think he can turn out to be one of our cheap players that is safe to plug a hole, but he won't be Steve Matai. Lets hope his improvement continues now that he has a new contract.

I know some of the plankton on here will cream themselves to disagree, but he has probably been the most improved player at Manly this year. Reminds me a lot of a young Steve Matai or Albert Torrens (different type of player) but coming along nicely in attack and defence.
I am glad he is doing well, so he can stick it right up the baggers, and watch them jump on board to say how they knew he would come good :nod::nod::nod::shake::shake::shake:@:smirk:@:smirk:@:smirk:

" Some of the Plankton on here"

One of your best @Wombat Legacy , still laughing after reading it a second time!!

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2