Williams and Ballin

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

codewana

Reserve Grader
These two did a lot behind the scenes today.

I really don't rate Williams (as a winger), but today he showed how powerful he can be. He made some good damaging runs and was only caught out in defence once. Also, his offloads were terrific today.

Ballin had a great one too with his kicking game. He needs to be more involved though throughout the season.

We are definately starting to see Trex's potential. He really does have the potential to be the most devastating player in the comp. The big thing with him is confidence, if he can maintain it, he could be our X factor in the finals

Williams made 6 runs and 0 tackles.

Not what I call very involved.

Yes he causes damage when he runs but nothing changes the fact that's he's very very lazy.

cf2 is back link said:
Williams made 6 runs and 0 tackles.

Not what I call very involved.

Yes he causes damage when he runs but nothing changes the fact that's he's very very lazy.

The tackle count may look harsh as players kick & offload as quickly as possible when the see T-Rex coming. Lotty did it - he wanted no part of a hitup with Tony.

Williams was good today. I don't care if he doesn't make any tackles as long as he doesn't miss them. His offloads were great today and when he throws the defenders around it really opens up space. Love your work Tony :-*

Tony Williams has improved out of sight since he started with us last year. If he keeps improving at the rate he has been, he is going to be a very very good player when he matures.

The kid is still only young, was great to see him bouncing tacklers off, not sure if he got tackled by the 1st tackler on any occasion today.

Im really starting to love T Rex,his power with the ball is remarkable and who gives a rats ass about his defense while we have Lyon and Farrar backing him up?

Last year I was not a fan of T Rex by any means but the bloke has improved in leaps and bounds this year.

IF he improves as much again next year he will be one of our best players and I would love to see him signed to a long term deal.  I think he gets a little bit better every week with confidence.  He has been a 'slow burner' but I am confident he is going to catch fire sooner or later - if we get him 1 on 1 with opposite winger inside the 20m he is gonna score a lot of tries, or if we use him as an impact forward his offload skills are sensational.

The guy is still young - the best is yet to come. 

Bloody Ballin - what a lazy sonofabitch game did he have!
26 tackles!

He usually averages 48 tackles in a game. What was he doing for the other 20 he usually does. Out there to improve his tan?

Can't use the same 'tan' line on T-Rex. hehe

Both are fantastic players  and I'm glad we've got both.
Good to see Matty conrtinue his kicking games & getting more involved in attack.

I watched the QLD cup grand final last year and T-rex played at five eighth. He tore the oppostiton apart and won man of the match. The guy has the ability to be a superstar, he just needs the beleif and the confidence, and I think we are starting to see glimpses of it.

I have been a fan of Trex since I saw him turn a 16-0 Manly lead after 65mins single handedly into a 18-16 Parramatta win back in the U20s in 2008

Sometimes with these young Island boys, all they need is a touch of confidence and they are away, hopefully Tony is finding that with every game that passes. I love some of the big hits he puts on. Was 1 run that really stood out for me yesterday and hopefully it clicks in his head too. He took a hitup 10m out, went 10m at full noise, dragged Lawrence along while around his ankle and earned us a penalty, which we scored on the back off

In a way, I liken him to a young Manu Vatuvei. Poor old Manu came into 1st grade and fumbled and bumbled his way around the park, Warren Smith took great delight in hammering the bloke, Ivan Cleary showed some perseverance with him and have him some confidence and look where he is today

The try to lote was williams fault as he was caught almost near the middle of the field and we had not winger out there.

Beside that he is starting to play wel and show his potential

T-rex stay on the bloody wing or ask desi to play you in the 2nd row if you want to be involved in the action alot more and then you can be around the middle of the field

Nearly fell off my seat when big T-Rex knocked Farrar over like a tenpin.Funny how he got straight up from that,yet got concussed by a little brush with Matai!!

Slikster71 I agree, Williams came in and left Farah out there to defend Tiquiri.  Way to big for him to stop.  Apart from that error he was good.  Ballin does the hard and good stuff up the middle.  He's going great.  And i like the way he's the only one who comes to the fence at the end of the game.  The rest should.

DSM5 link said:
And i like the way he's the only one who comes to the fence at the end of the game.  The rest should.
Spot on DSM, he's a bloody nice bloke. My wife and I always comment about his effort to go all the way around the fence after wins. He did it again yesterday. At Brookie earlier in the season there was a couple with a young baby and after he'd gone a couple of metres past he noticed the baby and came back and said hello to the bub and the parents.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7