Williamson misses up to six weeks

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Williamson misses up to six weeks

June 30, 2008 NRL leaders Manly will be without lock Luke Williamson for at least a month after scans revealed he suffered a fractured eye socket in Saturday's win over Newcastle.

Williamson will be sent for more scans to determine the full extent of the injury but club doctors expect him to miss between four and six weeks.

The Sea Eagles are flying high at the top of the NRL ladder after the 28-12 win over the Knights at Bluetongue Stadium.

They face Gold Coast at Skilled Park on Friday night.

AAP

Oh well, could have been worse........it might have happened to Stewart, Beaver or Choc.

6 weeks hey, this could give us a good insight on our future if we do get rid of him. I think it will be a positive.

This will be good for Luke. He will be fully fit and rested for the finals as the team's utility workhouse.

Ok, he's not a star player but he does a job, and Dessie has faith in him.

We have Jason King coming back so another slight change to dynamics.

Best thing that has happened since chad randall & Luke Dorn left the club

Hahahaha - We will miss the big fella's 3 metres he made a fortnight ago. They were all quality.

It will be interesting to see who steps up too take on the defensive workload. More tackles  means less petrol for attack. It will be interesting to see who takes up the slack and how our ruck defense goes without him. Same goes for Ballin - we have a much stronger defense in the middle when he is on the paddock.

I have never heard a Storm fan complaining about Johnson, who plays pretty much the same role in their pack for them

Willo plays 39mins a game, makes 36m and 19 tackles
Johnson playes 69mins, makes 68m, and 36 tackles

Neither of them are massive averages, but they play a role in their team, and for what they do per min on the field, there is stuff all difference really

It will be interesting to see what this means for the side.  Sometimes Hasler needs things to be taken out of his own hands before change happens.

I'm not as negative about Willo as some but I do fail to see the point in having him there to start the game for 15 minutes before hooking him for the rest of the game.

Canteen Worker link said:
It will be interesting to see who steps up too take on the defensive workload. More tackles  means less petrol for attack. It will be interesting to see who takes up the slack and how our ruck defense goes without him. Same goes for Ballin - we have a much stronger defense in the middle when he is on the paddock.

Jezuz mate - is this guy your part time lover or something?
We don't replace him with no-one. Take Willow out, and another player is put in his place. Therefore, exististing players can play exactly the same way as they do.

Conversely another player who can make more than 3 metres in game means other players have to take up his 'slack' in attack.

To be honest I don't think you can compare Willo to Johnson.

Because Johnson would never, and I mean EVER make 3 metres in a game unless he is knocked out cold in the 1st tackle.

Ryan link said:
Because Johnson would never, and I mean EVER make 3 metres in a game unless he is knocked out cold in the 1st tackle.

Let's see how many more he makes on wednesday night.

Johnson is hopeless... it's no wonder another name for a dick is a Johnson.

Amazing how Johnson is viewed as a good attacking player when he is making 0.98m per mintue compared to Williamsons 0.92m

Johnson may look like he runs harder than Willo, but he isn't getting much further

The Wheel link said:
[quote author=clontaago link=topic=177755.msg188322#msg188322 date=1214866938]
Why Wheel?

Because Johnson at least runs with a bit of grunt
[/quote]

So as Kiwi has pointed out, they make similar metres on average, but because he runs with more "grunt" you cant compare them.

Maybe Phil Morwood just needs to close his eyes and have an angry look on his face when he makes a hit up and he will secure a first grade spot easy.

Never understood the wank fest some have with Johnson, especially when they bag Willo in the same sentence.  Johnson may have the odd bone cruncher tackle in him but apart from that he does not add much more than Willo imo.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6