• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He did not lead with the shoulder, he braced for B to smash into him.

Just this week, Willie was on Fox stating this exact scenario. Must be precognitive :)

If he gets charged, the NRL will look ridiculous. :cool:

But we have BJ to call upon, so Manly progress up the ladder should not stall :clap:

Willie has been massive for us lateley.
If he gets a week for that it wont change anything, it will just confirm that the NRL still have NFI.

Wasn't a penalty. Just all proves how silly the NRL & media are. All they can see with their little brains is a shoulder being the point of contact.

What they ignore in this incident is Mason did nothing except brace for impact & all the force in the collision was brought to it by the Souths player himself. There were dozens of other legal tackles last night 10 times more dangerous.

What the NRL won't do is explain to Mason what they think he should have done instead last night other than he should just have let the Souths player run over the top of him. The NRL is now jumped the shark and Willie has proved it.

"Any player who commits a shoulder charge using force will be automatically charged by the Match Review Committee from this weekend'.

mason actually makes no forward movement at all & goes BACKWARDS. All the force in the collision came from Burgess. not Mason.

Last edited:
Well, if he gets charged then there are going to be a few join him in the remaining matches this weekend.

Stupid thing is that when a player is carrying the ball he can drop his shoulder into anyone he wants as hard as he wants and that is all ok. But i suppose that will be the next thing to get banned when some player with a poor tackling technique gets knocked out or a busted jaw.

Hopefully these dumb NRL decisions are helping to convince the clubs that leaving the current NRL and ARLC is the best move they could make. Getting away from this current NRL who are killing the game & driving fans away.

19:01 has a clear view of Willie's ELBOW hitting the chest, his shoulders are actually pointing back towards the Manly goal line

Last edited:
If people with a brain ran the NRL they could see the difference between bracing for impact with a shoulder and running in with the shoulder. Maybe one day commonsense will prevail. Not holding my breath though.

Greg Inglis, who pretty much got the shoulder charged outlawed,
((Hit on Dean Young, Season '12)
was the one protesting loudest last night & appealing for a shoulder charge penalty.

Talking about Inglis ,I like how they had a hard on for him when he got past Snake on the try line."No one else would've got by him ",they didn't say nothing on the replay when you see the cat bring up his elbow into snake's head.

Last edited:
With the breathtaking hypocrisy of decision making that infects the NRL judiciary, Willie will get 3 weeks and Gifty will get off for breaking Matai's snozz..

Inglis is the biggest whinger now he may have even overtaken Josh Reynolds and Jamie soward as the biggest milkman in the NRL, carries on every tackle like he is untouchable.

Willie should be fine BUT as we all know the Manly loading is common practice these days.

Go Manly !!

My issue with the shoulder charge has always been that the NRL are so reactionary and often don't know what a shoulder charge is.

One game, I think last year, Konrad hurrell was steaming through at Foran who just braced himself as he was about to be flattened and they gave a shoulder charge. Hurrell (who is was the ball runner) was looking in disbelief as Foran flew about 10 rows back.

You know I would contest the charge of Mason does get charged which he shouldn't.

Just use last weekend's and the other hundreds of previously uncited examples.

If Mason gets charged for that hit please that was not a shoulder charge!!

Is Inglis going to get charged for flipping Foz onto his head and hurting his neck ??? Ironic given how often Greggy finds himself "accidently" landing on his head in a tackle.

As for Mason's tackle, if he gets charged for that then they may as well just call it the National Touch Football League and be done with it.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6