Wolfman in NRL's 2013 Academic Team of the Year

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

HappilyManly

Journey Man
Wolfman's plentiful post-career options

ANDREW PRENTICE MANLY DAILY AUGUST 22, 2013 8:07A

THERE is more than meets the eye when it comes to David "Wolfman'' Williams.

The Sea Eagles flyer, who has scored 14 tries this season, has plenty of options to fall back on once he decides to hang up his boots.

This week he was the sole Manly player named in the NRL's 2013 Academic Team of the Year.

It was an accolade he is proud of, with the 27-year-old working his way through a diploma in graphic design. Yesterday Williams revealed how it originated.

"It was actually in my Parramatta days when I was playing Jersey Flegg,'' he said.

"We were given the opportunity by the club to explore a few careers outside footy.

"I gave accounting a go and hated it, but graphic design wasn't bad and from there one thing led to another.''

Williams studies at the Design Centre in Enmore and said he loves the creative aspect of what he is doing. "After the injuries I have had in recent years, the work kept me sane, to be honest,'' he said.

"I also like to play music and have previously spent time with a marketing company in the CBD as an intern.

"I didn't get paid a cent but that didn't bother me, it was hands on experience in a new field.

"You need to have outlets away from the game, otherwise it just consumes you.

"I have given a few things a go since breaking into first grade, it is reassuring to know I have a few things to look at once footy is done.''

The Sea Eagles offer ample work opportunities for players to dabble in away from the paddock.

Co-captain Jason King is studying law part-time at Macquarie University and hooker Matt Ballin operates a thriving personal training business across the northern beaches.

Both are former inductees of the NRL's Academic Team of the Year.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/newslocal/northern-beaches/wolfman8217s-plentiful-postcareer-options/story-fngr8iii-1226702219034

Good to hear that Wolfie is utilizing his off field time constructively :angel:

Not only is he a hottie he's also an academic.
Suggestion, we could run a competition with the female supporters to play 'strip spelling bee' with Wolfie.;)
To promote international relationships and potential marketing for the Sea Eagles we could also invite Prince Harry as he enjoys those sorts of games.

Everytime I see a wolfie thread then a response from n'pops or HM I know I am going to feel violated just by reading it. ;) - and not in a good way.

Now silvertails is part of the clubs official hub thingy you guys should come with your own wolfie disclaimer!

heehee :angel:

Alas, we are burdened with good taste and judgement :D

Violated, that's ridiculous - what could ever intimidate another man about Wolfie :p
[attachment=593]

globaleagle said:
lol, apologies to @clint re the accounting!

Yeah what a shame he didn't pursue accounting.
Wolfie certainly would have helped me in my 'cause in breaking the perception of the 'traditional' accountant. ;)

niccipops said:
Not only is he a hottie he's also an academic.
Suggestion, we could run a competition with the female supporters to play 'strip spelling bee' with Wolfie.;)
To promote international relationships and potential marketing for the Sea Eagles we could also invite Prince Harry as he enjoys those sorts of games.

I'm grate at spelling be's

Clint said:
globaleagle said:

Wolfie certainly would have helped me in my 'cause in breaking the perception of the 'traditional' accountant. ;)

You certainly are Clint. Good on you mate! However, I have always lived by the rule...never trust a smiling accountant. ;)

mozgrame said:
Clint said:
globaleagle said:

You certainly are Clint. Good on you mate! However, I have always lived by the rule...never trust a smiling accountant. ;)

:(

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7