Wolfman on Footy Show

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Wolfman's back :) So good to see Wolfie on the Footy Show tonight and he seemed pretty confident of playing next week...providing he's selected!!

Also he thought there's a good chance of Snake playing tomorrow night, but guess we'll believe it when we see it.

If Snake & Wolfie are available next week, it'll be interesting to see if and where Hoppa & Oldfield fit as well as Wolfman - and a damn shame if one of them misses out!

These guys, they know that they are in temporarily. They also know that every chance they get from now on is their opportunity to prove themselves worthy. They will both go back to NSW Cup with experience and our gratitude. They can help the boys there win the NSW Cup while the main guys win us another NRL Premiership.

They will both be in the team permanently soon. May not be this year but it is coming.

id give wolf a week in reserves, let hoppa strut his stuff an extra week, make wolfman play for his position like he made Bani play for his when he took his position !

To be honest, Hoppa looks like he needs a stint back down a grade, even if only for a week or two.
He's still so young for someone doing so much.
With the way our backline is (apart from Robbo), there will be spots in the next month for Hoppa & Oldy.

Duff said:
To be honest, Hoppa looks like he needs a stint back down a grade, even if only for a week or two.
With the way our backline is (apart from Robbo), there will be spots in the next month for Hoppa & Oldy.

:huh:

i caN hear dazza now

what is he doing?? if he cant play he shouldnt be on tv he should be packing memberships and having no life. How dare jhe get injuried

Duff said:

Yeah definitely, he is still eligible for NYC so the club will take advantage of that. Not sure if Wookie can pip him for a spot on the wing next week though, assuming that Hoppa keeps up the good work against the Riff.

As you implied though, Lyon, Matai, Wookie, Snake will all probably get injured/suspended a lot more this year. Plenty of chances there for Oldfield & Hoppa & they will know it.

I also see that Cam has been going to the Emmitt Smith school of English. Keep on keeping on champ.

k2gvma.jpg

Brookie said:
Duff said:

:huh:

Yeah, actually look & think. Don't just get swept up in the hype.

He's still playing well, because he's a good player but the dynamism & energy in his play seems to be suffering a little for each week he strings together in 1sts.

I'm not saying "drop" him. I'm saying when we have the opportunity, rest him. These young blokes can do a lot worse than be brought through slowly. Otherwise, you can use the school of hard knocks method but what's the point if you don't have to?

This isn't the voices in my head, it's the consensus of a few observant folk.

Being out of footy as long as Wolfy has he needs to play in NSW cup .

Why do we assume that he may return to his best form straight away.

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

never underestimate the power of the beard

Do people really advocate that Hoppa must make way if Stewart and Wolf return next week? I don't think so......

ERNIE FOR NO7 said:

Absolutely right Ernie it always takes gametime for any player to get back to good form as we've seen with Brett too. Hope he's right to go today at Brookie but its a long season so next week is fine too.

Dessie and co would have this stuff well under control as well as need to rest the young guns periodically.

Daddycool said:
I missed the begining... did he say when he was due back?

At first he said in 1 or 2 weeks, but then said he was confident he would be on the park next week.

BTW he has a great attitude, and good to see him having fun, and doing it in a positive way for the clubs image and for the game as a whole. Some of the questions asked of him last night were trite however, like suggesting we won't win anything without Stewart/Wolfman/Jamie and then in the next breath suggesting the key to our chances this year are the young players currently in the side.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2