Wolfman signed for 2 more years

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fantastic news :D The big highlight to an otherwise forgettable week! So glad Wolfman's staying where he belongs.

DSM5 said:
I'm not a fan of the Wolf, but I just hope you're all happy and we don't lose Hiku to another club who'll offer him a permanent place on the wing.

Agree...

Moops said:
DSM5 said:
I'm not a fan of the Wolf, but I just hope you're all happy and we don't lose Hiku to another club who'll offer him a permanent place on the wing.

Agree...

With Snake, Stevie and Wolf in our team, Hiku will get plenty of chances to play first grade.

656472-dtstory-david-williams.jpg

“Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”
― Confucius coined after the 2013 NRL GF :cool:

“To be wronged is nothing, unless you continue to remember it.”
― Confucius to the Manly Fans still upset at Hayne :sleepy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ty0CqmjdA
“The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.”
― Confucius to Wolfie :angel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReYxZrVxpKM
“Better a diamond with a flaw than a pebble without.”
― Confucius to Wolfie :heart:

If David Wolfman Williams has signed an extended contract with Manly, could somebody please post a link, or is it BS?

Happy to stand corrected, but I can't find anything on this.

I read it in the sun herald. David perry said he has agreed to terms for 2 more years and will be back training Monday.

FINALLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.nrl.com/wolfman-signs,-but-prop-is-manlys-problem/tabid/10874/newsid/75717/default.aspx

Wolfman signs, but prop is Manly's problem
By Ben Horne
AAP
5:43pm Tue 10th December, 2013

Manly are confident they've nailed down The Wolfman David Williams for another season, but front row is the major concern for coach Geoff Toovey as he looks to replace 661 games of NRL experience.

Veteran props Brent Kite, Joe Galuvao and George Rose have all departed the northern beaches, leaving the Sea Eagles' engine room particularly light on up front.

Manly are relying heavily on the leadership of co-captain Jason King, but the former NSW prop is still yet to return to full training from a serious shoulder injury which some speculated would end his career.

King has had his past two seasons significantly curtailed by pectoral and shoulder problems so Manly must ensure there's sufficient depth in the bookend department to get them through the season.

Richie Fa'aoso faces an uncertain future due to injury and off-field problems, but Toovey is confident Manly can step up to the challenge of maintaining their reputed front-row strength.

The club has been boosted by news they've finally reached an agreement with winger Williams for 2014, but Toovey admits the health of King is vital for the fortunes of the losing grand finalists.

"He is. A lot of game experience has gone missing, and Jason, although he missed most of the year, will be an important figure in our forward pack for next year," he said.

"He's progressing well ... we're hoping after Christmas he'll be cleared for full contact and be able to rip in.

"We're quietly confident things will be ok (with Fa'aoso). He's had a tough year ... but hopefully he'll be right to train early January."

Toovey is excited about Brisbane recruit Dunamis Lui making his mark in the front-row rotation.

Lui, 23, served his apprenticeship under the likes of Petero Civoniceva, Ben Hannant, Corey Parker and Sam Thaiday, but ankle and knee injuries held him back.

"I learnt a lot from them, just the workload they put in every week," he said.

"The opportunity Manly gave me to be part of that top-four front row, I couldn't go past that. I'll be pushing extra hard. It was emotional for me to leave the Broncos but it was a decision I had to make."

Look i love the wolf but simply put he cannot continue to come up woth defensive errors like he has and get handed a first grade jumper. expect heavy competition from hiku, berryman and young gutherson.
Up front we will be fine among the likes of starling, lui, jake t, andrews some one will stand up i expect chee kam to put pressure on also.

Don't knock the Wolf. Sure he has had some bad reads, but if he gets targeted and comes up short those others you mentioned will get their chance. Don't forget, they haven't been tested yet either.

I think Lui will have to do a Brenton Lawrence and have a great year from go to whoa. The injury to Richie has left us vulnerable. No matter how talented, it's a very big ask for inexperienced guys to play consistently up front.

I think Tooves well knows the difficulties Wolf & George have against the basketball wingers the Roosters have & other teams are trying to use. But both Wolf & George are great try scorers, getting the ball over the line with no space. You have to trade those against each other as risk/reward.

Manly's strategy was to make sure that opponents are kept so far away from the "red zone" as possible so they can't get into position to get kicks in like Wolf faced in the GF.

The real failure in the GF was the entire team's defence/errors further up field (and maybe the men in pink). It was these that allowed the Roosters to get in an attacking kick on Wolf.

The first try against Wolfie was from a 2nd kick, after George and the leftside Manly defence failed to shut down the play from a first bomb.

tookey said:
Has Lyon re-signed yet?

Why is it taking so long?

Ray Warren is his manager and keeps typing "Lyons" on the contract.

Also...Light on props? C'mon. Here thuggo, catch ball and run forward. Repeat.

Being a forward is ridiculously easy.

Am I right ex-forwards? (ah sorry, you dunno how to use this interwebby thingie)

:p

ALSO - Congrats to Manly and Wolfie. Who I am sure will be just as good in attack but even better in defense in 2014. (As long as Jamie stops running in leaving wolfie with 3 men to mark.)

I love Wolfie as much as the next Manly supporter, but if he left I wouldn't have been overly concerned. I think there is a real possibility we might lose Hiku next season if he doesn't get the opportunity to become a regular starter because that's what he'll be offered by plenty of clubs for 2014.

Plenty of opportunities for our front rowers next year. I was never overly impressed with Lui for the Broncos, but hopefully the Brookie environment will turn him into a star like it has many before him but I'm expecting Starling, Sao & Jake T to be pushing for those available playing minutes.

On the subject of signings, the Roosters having signed Minichello for another lap,
have released Michael Oldfield & 1 other.
Where to now for Oldfield?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6