Workaholic Buhrer

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

lismore_fan

Bencher
Wonderful to see Jamie Buhrer working his butt off in not only defence but in attack as well.
I didn't see the stats but it was visibly evident he touched the ball at least once in every/ most sets of six.
AND he tackled like a demon.

Well done, Ferris!

doesnt work with Harrison there though, both are the workaholic type players, neither can make much impact with the ball.

that said Buhrer over Harrison

Fluffy said:
doesnt work with Harrison there though, both are the workaholic type players, neither can make much impact with the ball.

that said Buhrer over Harrison
True.You could see Harrison trying to play Glen's role (offloads on the edges) but it's not his go.
Buhrer on the other hand is fast becoming one of my favourite players...future captain for mine.

seriously good player in the making.
the pack we have at the moment is quite amazing potential wise. if we can keep em all we won't go too far wrong.

played well but takes some punishment.Got rag dolled early and kept coming.Wouldnt like to see him playing 80 minutes in a weakened pack for too long.Glen was a bit like him early on-looked a bit small and developed into a great player although Buhrer is more of a runner than a ball player.Harrison is an honest toiler but thats it.one of the obvious cap problems with having a champion first 13 players is depth.Harrison,Robinson and Mauro would not make many benches in the NRL but they do give there best each week.Lussick was a bit better.

Big fan of Buher, Thought he played great last night and a few of his runs threatened the dragons line. Some people want him to play hooker but Id much rather have him at lock.

Bhurer threw everything he had at the dragons defence, but his size made it hard for him to bend the line, needed T-Rex out there to tire their pack and allow him to strut his stuff.
Just asking...any updates on Glens progress ?

I thought Harrison did a couple of good little offloads last night. He's no Gift yet, but at least he tried.

Getting back to Buhrer, this period with Williams out provides him with a great chance to cement a first grade spot. Tony can go back to the bench for greater impact, as well as concentrating on squaring away his bar chits at the Steyne.

Buhrer could work the left side, whilst Stewart looks after the right and Watmough can pop up all over tpark.

120 metres and 42 tackles - only Ballin (53) got close to him.

Says a lot about the other bludgers in the forwards... looking close at two front rowers to be particular.

We need our 'workhorses' to at least go forward so Buhrer can have some space. Kite and Princess need to run harder and open it up for him. Princess did it in the first two games but not so in the last two. Kite needs to stop with the wacky leg stuff and desist with the passing. He doesn't do it well, and should just concentrate on going forward. He should think back to his Clive Churchill running days. Play like that and he does well and provides space for other nippy guys like the two Bs.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7