WORLD CLUB CHALLENGE SET TO INCLUDE SIX TEAMS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Fluffy said:
Is it true that the trip pays players extra and is expempt from the salary cap?

It sounds to me like another way to give the darlings a leg up.

I believe so, earned outside of Oz so doesn't form part of the cap.

Looks like its going to happen. The Donkeys and Vermin have pretty much hijacked the only meaningful club championship between the NRL and SL.

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/world-club-challenge-expanded-to-include-six-teams-from-across-nrl-and-super-league/story-fndujljl-1227048804402

This is a joke. Two teams who may not even make the GF.....hell, one may not even make the top 8.....are assured of a place in the WCC.

As a meaningful competition the WCC just took a big nose dive, just like it did when Super League ran their own challenge back in 1997.

The fact that the teams (other than the GF winner) are chosen rather than selected is a bit of a downfall BUT you also need to be aware of the following.

Not every club would want to go!!

I don't know BUT I'd be surprised if Manly would stick their hand up....the two times they have been to the UK (09 & 12) the team has really struggled with the whole heading over there, change of climate, coming back and getting straight into competition.

The work they did to minimise the affect on the players last time was extraordinary , special meals at special times it was a real logistical issue but even that didn't work.

I'd like to suggest that every one of the three teams that go will struggle on the field back home for the first 4-6 weeks.

So do think about that when making comments.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2