World Club Challenge with the MWTS

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Back at work today after a great couple of days in Sydney, fantastic result and great to catch up with so many people, including Dan and his Dad and a few of their mates, hope you enjoyed your MWTS experience Dan!

YES

We WILL be doing a World Club Challenge tour (as we did in 2009).

NO

I don't have costs or details as yet, this "should" come out in about 2-3 weeks.

The tour in 2009 was about $4500 and was 11 days long, that included airfares.

WHERE IT WOULD GO

I'll work on the options over the next few days, would love to go into France and catch a Le Catalans game to see the Beaver play one more time BUT that would depend on costs.

We may well do that regardless but "option up" the trip to make it affordable for everyone.....by that I mean we might do the full trip (including France, possibly drop into London and do a Harlequins game plus World Club Challenge section) but then offer options for people to come in and do certain sections. This would mean a much more economical trip for fans who haven't got a heap of cash, but those who can afford a little more get the longer trip.

Regardless a WCC Tour is the ULTIMATE away supporters trip for the MWTS, nothing compares, and I do mean nothing.

There are a few 2009 "tourists" on here, My Bluedog, Cambo, Ayjay and I am sure they will confirm that this is the greatest thing you can ever do.

So more details as soon as we can, but also if you are interested and your are NOT on my e-masil data base then I suggest you send me an e-mail (address below) and I'll add you on.

It's going to be HUGE, based on the number of people who said to me that they were going on Sunday night I'll need TWO A380's to get them there!!

Barring business comittments Michelle & I should be there, however and this a big HOWEVER, she will be barred from packing her own luggage, bloody women packs so much crap and brings along cloths for every single eventuallity! then goes off around the corso and Warringah Mall and buys more bloody cloths. I shudder to think what a trip to London & Paris would be like. I might have to allow her a carry on and let her go nuts and fill two suitcases on the way home. Me I'll just pack and my Manly supporters cloths & I'm done. Looking forward to wathcing the Beaver in France, he wont have had the BEAVER BEAVER chant for a while so that will make him homesick for Brooky!

Cheers guys, we'll be working hard on this over the coming weeks, as I say hope to have something concrete in a few weeks.

I'm going to possibly help or hinder you here Mark.

For the most part the NRL teams play an extra game as a 'warm up' game against one of the expansion clubs i.e Catalan or London prior to the WCC. With the exception of last year St George Illawarra refused to do so.

There is also this the ESL open there season at Wales (I think) and all clubs play at the same ground.

So if the timing right the MWTS might get there then

It was harlequins in 2009.

I'll need dates (which I don't have) but the thoughts are, into London for possibly the Harlequins game (if they do that again)....then a buit of sightseeing and up to the Leeds area for the WCC.

Followed by an extension back through rance to Le Catalans to see Beaver play.

We'd sell...a short WCC only, a longer London and WCC and the France part would be an optional extension.

That is the current plans....I think!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4