World Club Challenge

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

fLIP

UFO Hunter
I backed the Rhinos to win this game. After their 4 and 0 start to the SL season, Melbourne had it all against them.

What surprised me though was just how badly they played.

Yeah I know they've just come off a 5 month break from games and its on the other side of the planet in freezing, windy rain being played on mud but they were ordinary.

I'm sure the game would have been different with Inglis, Crocker and Smith in the side but one thing i noted was just how easily the Storm backed away when put under some serious defensive presure at times.

I'd say this is a point for our boys this season and a lesson to learn from rolling over and playing dead when under the pump. If a UK side can rattle the storm with their defense than so can our blokes.

Comments on the match?

Scott Donald is still a great winger, cleaned up at the back really well

Sinfield is world class player and Burrow the half really knows his trade

Two things I enjoyed. Dot getting across the line. And some of the big Pommy bastards smashing Turner (I think it was) on a kick return. Sure they didn't knock him out and it wasn't as brutal/pretty as Crocker/Slater's hit in the GF, but it brought a smile to my face.

F*ckers.

Melbourne never really had a hope in this match.It is still our pre-season,and their season is in full swing;it was played in England with an English ref.What chance did they have against those odds?

easystreet link said:
Melbourne never really had a hope in this match.It is still our pre-season,and their season is in full swing;it was played in England with an English ref.What chance did they have against those odds?

actually that ref is an Aussie

easystreet link said:

And the killer blow - no Cam Smith.

The Storm are still a fantastic team, but if either Cronk or Smith is injured, they become mortal again.

They can afford to lose Inglis or Slater or Folau or Kaufusi or Crocker or White etc....but without Smith or Cronk, they are just another good side.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6