World Cup referee Ashley Klein is poised to join the ranks of the NRL

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

clontaago

First Grader
REFEREE Ashley Klein, whose handling of the World Cup final so incensed Ricky Stuart he later resigned as the Kangaroos' coach, is heading home to his native Australia.

Klein, 29, has quit his position as an official with England's Rugby Football League to rejoin his wife and two children in Australia where he is now set to referee National Rugby League matches.
Hot favourites Australia suffered a shock 34-20 loss to New Zealand in the World Cup final in Brisbane on November 22.

The morning afterwards Stuart verbally abused both Klein and RFL referees' chief Stuart Cummings in the foyer of the hotel where they were all staying.

An inquiry into the incident found there had been some physical contact between Stuart and Cummings and that the abuse was littered with profanities.

Stuart, widely condemned for his outburst, subsequently apologised quit his post in December.

Cummings, paying tribute to Klein, said in a statement Tuesday: "Ashley has had a very difficult decision to make but has understandably decided to join his family in Australia.

"Therefore, we have decided it is in the best interests of all parties concerned to accept his resignation with immediate affect.

"We understand that following the announcement last week that his family wish to stay in Australia that the NRL has subsequently offered him a position in their competition."

Hope he is better than that other pommie clown that cam over here, cant think of his name but he gets the occassional gig as the video ref now.

I could hardly understand Russell Smith's decisions most of the time. He drove me nuts. But anything that makes Sticky feel more uncomfortable I'm all for.

I was always amused by the highest ranked ref in the British comp being Australian, be interesting to see how he goes

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6