World gone crazy

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Dog

Rookie
Hang on I'm cheering for Manly!!! What the hell is going on here?

Yep, Dog supporter here but also a supporter of rugby league. I just wanted to say how amazed I am at this Manly team. It's funny how in rugby league you support your team and then year to year there's teams that you don't mind, teams that you hate and teams that you despise. For me Manly is usually in the hate/despise category.....until now!

This final series I've found myself cheering on the Eagles. Has the world gone mad? Am I crazy? Nope, I just really admire this team. No other team has the bond these players have. You can tell on the field they are best mates and will do what ever it takes to support their side and go for a win. They are tough, skillfully and passionate, you have to admire them.

As a dogs supporter it's obvious to me we have maybe 3 or 4 guys who love the club not just the pay cheque but that's not enough. Manly have 17, well probably more if you add in the fringe 1st graders. It's a great thing for Manly supporters. You should be really proud of your boys.

Anyway, for now I'm a bandwagon Manly supporter. Even won $28 betting on them last night. Hope they win the grand final next week. A win against the Roosters would be mighty sweet, even for a doggies supporter!

P.s. I am even liking Toovey at the moment which is a hard thing for any other supporter to admit!

Hiya Dog,

Thanks for your kind words. Always 1 more seat on the wagon.

I often think Manly's efforts, attitude get lost in the mire of 'we must hate them no matter what' principle which means a lot of people miss out on seeing a good team do good things. (Kinda like the broncos in the 1990's I guess).

Anyway, cheers!

• 👍
Reactions: Dog
Enjoy it Dog, Des tried to take it but the pride and spirit is engrained in the Brookie Turf!

Every now and again some opposition fan pops up to remind us that despite the shenanigans of some of their teams fans, or players, there are some decent folk out there in other-club land. Misguided, but decent. ;)

Dont speak too soon Dog, the Knights look good against the Roosters imo. And yes the things you said are some of the reasons why we love this club and the playing group. Seems you are getting an insight into this. Lucky you

Why do other supporters always say, "I hate Manly"? Because we bought a couple of Souths and Magpies players a long, long time ago? We weren't the first team to buy players from another team and we certainly weren't the last. Because we play tough? It's rugby league. That's how it's meant to be played. Because bitter, unsuccessful "journalists" like Roy Masters and Phil Rothfield never miss an opportunity to bring out the tired old "everybody hates Manly" bull****? Because we win more footy games than we lose? Again, that's what teams are supposed to do.
This current Manly squad is remarkable. It was not built on buying talent from other teams. We've got two "marquee" players, Brent Kite and Jamie Lyon. The rest of them have either been in the Manly system for a long, long time or were pretty much unwanted by their old clubs.
Brett and Glen Stewart: came through the Manly junior system to become stars. Nobody had ever heard of Tafua before he made his first-grade debut for Manly. Same with Matai, who joined the club from the Queensland Cup and has since become a Manly legend. David Williams: first-grade debut for Manly. Foran and DCE both came through the Manly juniors. Sure, DCE is a Queenslander, but he's never been anything but a Manly player. Watmough is a local junior, Horo was unwanted at Parramatta, Lawrence was unwanted by the Titans. Matt Ballin is another Queenslander who was given his opportunity by Manly and has never played for another club. Jamie Buhrer also came through the Manly junior system and debuted for Manly. Rose and Symonds came from Easts and Richie has been everywhere.
As Dog says, they play as a team, and they play a great brand of footy - they're as skilful as they are tough.
So you can bet your arse that whenever anybody says, "I hate Manly" they're just not completing the sentence. What they're really saying is, "I hate Manly… but I really wish my team was more like them."

Your right Ron. You know your teams going well when every other teams fans hate you, haha. Strange but true.

The dogs use to be a team with heaps of pride and rheir own culture but at the moment that's gone. The 80s especially but even 90s and early 2000s we went through periods of having players who bled for the club. That's what makes this Manly team special is they've now maintained that passion for 10 years.

As for she-Rex, yep you guys owe us big time! Hope he comes good but not holding my breath. Worst thing is we didn't need him. We have heaps of quality established and up and coming 2nd rowers, dumb decision by the club.

Enjoy grand final week. How good is it when your teams still in and everyone else is out. Good feeling, love the anticipation.

Go eagles! (At least for 2013)

Can understand this for sure, might not cheer for them but am starting to really feel for Parra and their supporters, and that's a team I love to hate.

My belief is that supporters from other teams are always welcome on here IF they are polite and constructive. Unlike trolls like Mr Invisible et al who just come here to cause trouble!

Ron E. Gibbs said:
Why do other supporters always say, "I hate Manly"? Because we bought a couple of Souths and Magpies players a long, long time ago? We weren't the first team to buy players from another team and we certainly weren't the last. Because we play tough? It's rugby league. That's how it's meant to be played. Because bitter, unsuccessful "journalists" like Roy Masters and Phil Rothfield never miss an opportunity to bring out the tired old "everybody hates Manly" bull****? Because we win more footy games than we lose? Again, that's what teams are supposed to do.
This current Manly squad is remarkable. It was not built on buying talent from other teams. We've got two "marquee" players, Brent Kite and Jamie Lyon. The rest of them have either been in the Manly system for a long, long time or were pretty much unwanted by their old clubs.
Brett and Glen Stewart: came through the Manly junior system to become stars. Nobody had ever heard of Tafua before he made his first-grade debut for Manly. Same with Matai, who joined the club from the Queensland Cup and has since become a Manly legend. David Williams: first-grade debut for Manly. Foran and DCE both came through the Manly juniors. Sure, DCE is a Queenslander, but he's never been anything but a Manly player. Watmough is a local junior, Horo was unwanted at Parramatta, Lawrence was unwanted by the Titans. Matt Ballin is another Queenslander who was given his opportunity by Manly and has never played for another club. Jamie Buhrer also came through the Manly junior system and debuted for Manly. Rose and Symonds came from Easts and Richie has been everywhere.
As Dog says, they play as a team, and they play a great brand of footy - they're as skilful as they are tough.
So you can bet your arse that whenever anybody says, "I hate Manly" they're just not completing the sentence. What they're really saying is, "I hate Manly… but I really wish my team was more like them."

Add to that our coaches and other staff all came through the Manly system.

I cite Bob Fulton, ((Noel Cleal and Des Hasler (I know they are dogs now but they came through the Manly system)) 2V.

Generally our players and coaches, mostly, bleed maroon and white blood for the club.

I personally am happy when other supporters hate us. it's a great feeling.

But I do agree these "ill-informed" others really look at Manly with envy.

They simply find it easier to hate us than to accept that they really do wish their team was as professional and successful as our mighty manly sides of present and bygone eras.:cool:

Dog said:
That's what makes this Manly team special is they've now maintained that passion for 10 years.

Go eagles! (At least for 2013)

We have been maintaining that passion for a lot longer than ten years.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4