World Press Photo Exhibition

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

ChuckWood

Reserve Grader
Anyone who lives or works in Sydney , should try and get to this great exhibition. I went last week. The photos are amazing and there's even a photo of BK in the sport section.

Venue : NSW State Library , Macquarie St , Sydney
Weekdays 9am - 5pm , Weekends 11am - 5pm
Until May 31st
FREE ENTRY !!

Newspaper Review :

Trouble spots from around the world are the focus of this years World Press Photo Exhibition. The winning picture was taken by American photojournalist Spencer Platt. His photo shows a group of young people driving a red mini though a bombed-out Beirut street. "It's a fantastic photo" , says exhibition curator Jeroen Visser. "The winning photo should represent a major journalistic event of the year and be very aesthetic and creative. "There are so many different sides to any story and the more you look at this picture , the more you see"

Also depicted among the 60 international winners photos are the Israel/Lebanese conflict , sniper attacks in Iraq , the Kashmir earthquake , riots in Budapest and the presidential elections in Haiti. Many of these pictures haven't been published in newspapers for fear they would be too upsetting for readers. Meanwhile , other photos look at human issues such as violence against women in Guatemala , over worked office workers in Japan and tents for the homeless in Paris

Also on display are many great nature pics as well as sporting photos ( World Cup Soccer , Rugby League etc )

Get along if you get a chance !
Well worth seeing.

" Go The Eagles " !!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4