worst bench ever!

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It's a great week for the positive Pete's and one hell of a week for the negative Nancy's.

Fair dinkum they give me the ****s at times.

I agree Mark its why I rarely post, the negativity after just one week was unbelievable. Reading some of the posts is like chatting to my mother - in - law!  

same, i really only come here to read news bits, got half the posters on block so when i do get bored and have a read i'm not swimming in armchair coaches dribble.

bob dylan link said:
Hopefully in a couple of years we will look back and say \"how good was that bench\".

To quote myself, we dont have to wait a couple years, just a couple of days.

Sometimes its great to be wrong.

The problem is some posters on here have probably never seen these young guys play! Buhrer and mauro have played less than 10 NRL games, and already we're seeing the potential Des knew these blokes had. The 2 guys on debut will gain massive confidence out of yesterdays win, and if called upon towards the business end of the year, will do a great job. Des has some tough calls to make in future weeks, with the 2,3,4,5 and 2 bench positions.... i'm glad it's not me!

I can understand negativity, particularly when we are having a tough time winning a game...those 4 or 5 weeks (losing all games) have been really hard these last few years but what got me is that we went to Melbourne and actually didn"t perform too badly (just compare us to the Titans from last weekend) and we held the Storm for most of the game and even the 18-6 scoreline at the end could not be considered a flogging, so really we weren't that bad.

And then we come out last week with another week of negative negative negative and threads like this one.

Worst bench ever!!

How could you know that when two of them had never played before??

Had we been flogged 50-0 (or 46-6 as Ryan suggested) then the team would deserve a bit of a pasting, but at least give them a chance before nailing them to the wall!!

But don't worry, lose against newcastle and they'll be back!

I think the worst bench ever title was pretty poor, and obviously from someone who never got to see the likes of Scott Fulton, Adam Brown, Shipway and the host of others that have come off our bench across the darker days of the NE experience

Dan link said:
I still stand by my posts

So you'd ensure you sign DCE, Ballin, King, G Stewart, etc before giving any thought to re-signing Foran?   Really?

• One person reads "I still stand by my posts" and hears "I was right".
  • Another reads "I still stand by my posts" and hears "I'm stuck in the past".
Sure you're not just stuck?

yes, yes i would.

We know where those players fit in the team, and after one game where Foran stands out we still aren't 100% if 5/8 is his best spot.

I don't recall saying I wouldn't sign him, I just said I would ensure those players are secured first. Though after yesterday I am less convinced on King

The worst bench ever that produced one of the best performance ever.
Hey guys have some faith in your team!!!

Got it Dan.  You don't fully stand by your posts here. The part about King you sort of retract, or are unsure about, but the part where you would definitely sign all of Ballin, DCE, G Stewart, etc before giving any thought to signing Foran stands.  (P.S. I never suggested you'd decided you wouldn't sign Foran at all, don't know where you got the impression I did).

Anyway, it seems pretty clear from that summary about the value you currently place on Foran compared to his teammates. Surprising, but fair enough.

Rex link said:
Got it Dan.  You don't fully stand by your posts here. The part about King you sort of retract, or are unsure about, but the part where you would definitely sign all of Ballin, DCE, G Stewart, etc before giving any thought to signing Foran stands.  (P.S. I never suggested you'd decided you wouldn't sign Foran at all, don't know where you got the impression I did).

Anyway, it seems pretty clear from that summary about the value you currently place on Foran compared to his teammates. Surprising, but fair enough.

it's funny how close to making sense you go sometimes.

I stand by my posts fully. The only reason I mentioned King was now that we have some younger Props who are doing the work, that King may not be as vital.

However given he is captain, and a senior player, he would be one of the first I sign up and keep long term. Foran would be the fringe of the rest of those players I would sign up. Probably next in line after all of the previous mentioned.

Tell me, would you build a team around Foran?

Duff link said:
I think a Foran & Evans pairing is worth building around.

Most definately. Both these guys are huge talents and I'm just glad that we saw some of that talent yesterday. I thought DCE's kicking game in the second half yesterday was superb.

When Lyon and Matai come back we are going to be a very potent attacking team. Brett showed yesterday that he is not far away from hitting his straps. I love watching when he chimes in on the second man play.

I think DCE and Forans next contracts will have widespread ramifications on the team makeup,although its very worthwhile

Robinson and Harrison played a huge roll in yesterdays win. Both had solid debuts, well done to both of them! The whole bench provided extra enthusiasm.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4